Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is not the second time i'm in college.the first time is 3 years ago.stopped after a term.i'm really nervous right now and scared of meeting peoples.i am scared that i can't finish the whole course again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is exactly how I felt when I was starting my first semester of college. At first, I didn't think I could make it through the whole semester but the more I went, the easier it got. Now, I'm in my fourth semester and it is still a little hard, but things are more familiar. I didn't meet many people while at college but the people that I met were very friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Try to keep your focus by breaking down your day into parts and making daily to do lists. I had terrible SA my first year of school, so bad I came back home. When I made another go two years later I put all my energies into my classes, making good grades. I ended up being part of a study group and made friends that way. I went to a much bigger school the 2nd time and for some reason it was easier to make friends than the smaller private school. I found the daily "to do" lists created structure, and the structure got me through the anxiety of going to class. Good luck, we are all pulling for you here. :)

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Just try to remember that it's all right to be shy. Try to get through it. It's very difficult for me to be in school, but I'm doing it anyway because school won't last forever.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone.social phobia suck as.i'm nervous like hell in there and i always think that i'm weird and it'll be really hard for me to get along with others.did anyone have this unbearable feeling when you're alone and you're with the peoples same age as you?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is exactly how I felt when I was starting my first semester of college. At first, I didn't think I could make it through the whole semester but the more I went, the easier it got. Now, I'm in my fourth semester and it is still a little hard, but things are more familiar. I didn't meet many people while at college but the people that I met were very friendly and helpful.
hopefully i can make it through for this one and the half years too.it's really hard for me to think about it.i don't even know if i can going through one term or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts