Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my biggest problem is making a conversation with people I never know what to say, I would evenually would like to go up to people and start talking but I feel weird just going about it and what they may think of me just going up to them I know the first step is saying Hi But its hard for me to even hold to conversation is run out of topics or things to talk about even when other people come up and talk to me ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
lol me too. I can talk like crazy with family members since I've known them for a long time but never with new people. I think that everything I will say will be stupid or weird...so I never say anything :/ Even when I do want to talk...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yea it seems like once there is a good topic going i can talk fine, but i think my big problem is not being able to come up with stuff to say or saying what im thinking when im around people dont know well....really you just have to go with your gut and say whatever is going through your head. The worse that could happen is they nod or do a little fake laugh like the whole world does to make someone feel good, or maybe they'll actually like you and keep talking to you. Really you will never be happy talking to someone unless it's you talking about something your interested in not just to get the convo over with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I always try to play out every conversation and every bad thing that could happen so I'm a bit more prepared for anxiety and such things but, I mean, I usually mumble and talk really quietly too so I'm not really a good person to give advice... there probably isn't some magical answer to our problems. We just have to keep growing and evolving as we live.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts