Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Which Franchise Has Better Space Gadgets?

• I propose a third option (which movie?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Star Wars vs Star Trek: Which Franchise Has Better Space Gadgets?
By Sean Fallon, 5:00 PM on Mon May 4 2009, 4

Source: star-wars-vs-star-trek-which-franchise-has-better-space-gadgets by Gizmodo

Given that it's space week here on Giz, I thought it might be a perfect opportunity to pose a question that brings up the age old battle between Star Wars and Star Trek.

However, this question isn't necessarily about which movies are better overall. What I'm interested in finding out is which of these iconic sci-fi franchises have conjured up the coolest futuristic space gadgets.

Star Wars (which gadget is your favorite?)
Star Trek (which gadget is your favorite?)
I propose a third option (which movie?)
Not Sure

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Given your question, I have to say Star Trek. And my favorite Star Trek gadget is the transporter beam-thing. Of course.

I think that Doctor Who had some awesome gadgets too. The sonic screwdriver is my favorite, of course, but K-9 is really awesome too.

·
SAS Member
31,297 Posts
My favorite gadets would be the holodeck and the light saber.

Overall, I think Star Trek wins though in terms of better gadets. For cooler gadets I would have to give it to Star Wars.

·
SAS Member
14,520 Posts
I don't know much about Star Trek, so my pick goes to Star Wars. And lightsabers are the best gadgets.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Sorry Torlin, I think Star Trek has Star Wars beat, gadget wise. The only gadget I remember from Star Wars was a lightsaber. I dunno what the hell I'd do with one of those things. Star Trek has the holodeck, transporters, and replicators. All of those would come in real handy if they existed.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I was brought up on Star Trek - The Next Generation. Thanx Dad. HOLODECK and REPLICATORS. We need them in the future!

I reckon Im the only person on the planet that HATES Star Wars!

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry Torlin
SHYFX - why do you have be sorry for? i made the poll.

if someone likes star trek more, I dont hold any thing back on anyone. lol.
people seems to think that if they don't see star wars they are automatically not my friend ??

·
Registered
928 Posts
Dude, Data (the android from Star Trek) would kick C3PO and R2D2's asses while singing the Phantom of the Opera..backwards. :b
:nw

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Star Trek. And ever since I saw the new movie on Friday I doubt I will ever watch a Star Wars movie again. That one film pwned the entire star wars saga.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.