Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
I had a total crush on Deanna Troi as a kid. She was the only reason I watched it.

Deep Space Nine is the best of the Star Trek series and a lot better than NG imo.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Hells yes! It's almost time for another TNG marathon!

·
Super Moderator
33,919 Posts
I had a total crush on Deanna Troi as a kid. She was the only reason I watched it.

Deep Space Nine is the best of the Star Trek series and a lot better than NG imo.
It could have been but I didn't like the characters at all. The only ones I was kind of interested in were Odo, Worf and Quark. But they weren't good enough to keep me watching. TNG just had been characters and they all had the right chemistry to make it work.

·
Super Moderator
33,919 Posts
Voyager wasn't bad in the beginning but I seem like one of the few who wasn't really much of a fan of Jeri Ryan's character. I didn't find her that attractive or sexy either. The original characters in Voyager were not bad at all. I didn't care for Neelix all that much. Chakotay was kind of annoying too.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
Q is my favorite character, his deity powers, and the selfishness in him yet there is still some sort of selflessness in all of that somewhere. It's also interesting that he is the only of the Q willing to interact with mortals.

Data is my favorite character. ^^
Data would have to be my 2nd.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i grew up with Star Trek. TNG, i think the earlier episodes were more like TOS, bright and gaudy and awkward while the later episodes were completely different; the lighting got darker and darker by the end, its interesting what kind of effect it had on the tone. Guess it seems pretty static now looking back after something like Enterprise, it was talky and philosophiz-y more. I always liked the weird mind-***** horror episodes the best. Wish they'd done better movies.

DS9 was good because it went for the full scorched earth soap opera approach. By the later half of the series it was nothing but the war and all the shenanigans around it like this giant mosiac. Pretty ambitious

Voyager had an interesting premise but was done alot better by Battlestar Galactica which treated the idea with the intensity it needed. Voyager played it to safe, was too cozy and warm and spent wayyy too much time with Seven of Nine who was a total bi*ch. But then it was pre 9/11 too.

Enterprise i wasn't expecting much of until it too turned into a long drawn war story and wow, they really went in the direction they needed to. Never seen so much action and drive in trek before instead of hot air, it was something else entirely. Wish it had gone for more seasons because the franchise kinda seemed fresh again.

end of nerdy rant

·
Registered
62 Posts
Voyager wasn't bad in the beginning but I seem like one of the few who wasn't really much of a fan of Jeri Ryan's character. I didn't find her that attractive or sexy either. The original characters in Voyager were not bad at all. I didn't care for Neelix all that much. Chakotay was kind of annoying too.
I always thought it was weird that 7 of 9 wore heels. None of the other female Star Fleet characters did. No borg ever rocked a stiletto. Yet 7 of 9 prances around the 4th quadrant in the least practical shoe possible.

Of all the series, TNG is my absolute favorite. I refused to watch it at first because I was a die hard fan of the original series. I was assimilated.

·
Super Moderator
33,919 Posts
I always thought it was weird that 7 of 9 wore heels. None of the other female Star Fleet characters did. No borg ever rocked a stiletto. Yet 7 of 9 prances around the 4th quadrant in the least practical shoe possible.

Of all the series, TNG is my absolute favorite. I refused to watch it at first because I was a die hard fan of the original series. I was assimilated.
:lol

Yeah. I started watching TOS when I was about 12 or something. I stayed with my grandmother a lot and it was the best thing that came on her cable. I didn't even know how old the series was when I started watching it.

I distinctly remember the first episode of TNG. I was just like "And who the heck is that bald guy?"

I actually really disliked Encounter At Farpoint and still don't like it much. The characters all seemed really bad at first but they did a great job with them over the years. Riker was way more likable with the beard. :lol I had a major crush on Crusher. :)

By the 3rd season that show was on fire and I was really digging it. I think what they did with TNG that was smart was keeping the stories pretty simple and not having too many running storylines. I got really annoyed with DS9 and Voyager when I'd lose interest for a while and then have no idea what was going on.

Janeway reminded me of a female Kirk. I did like her a lot.

But yeah. Voyager is where Star Trek kind of lost me. I managed to hang in there for maybe a couple of seasons but I wasn't even watching regularly anymore by the time 7 came alone. I watched a few episodes and didn't really get it so I basically gave up on it.

It's a shame the TNG movies weren't better. Maybe the movies with the original cast were better because there wasn't so much going on. Anyway, First Contact is the only one I still watch from time to time. I watched ST6 a month or two ago.

·
Registered
62 Posts
BTW, Neelix is the Jar Jar Binks of the Star Trek Universe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
:lol

Yeah. I started watching TOS when I was about 12 or something. I stayed with my grandmother a lot and it was the best thing that came on her cable. I didn't even know how old the series was when I started watching it.

I distinctly remember the first episode of TNG. I was just like "And who the heck is that bald guy?"

I actually really disliked Encounter At Farpoint and still don't like it much. The characters all seemed really bad at first but they did a great job with them over the years. Riker was way more likable with the beard. :lol I had a major crush on Crusher. :)

By the 3rd season that show was on fire and I was really digging it. I think what they did with TNG that was smart was keeping the stories pretty simple and not having too many running storylines. I got really annoyed with DS9 and Voyager when I'd lose interest for a while and then have no idea what was going on.

Janeway reminded me of a female Kirk. I did like her a lot.

But yeah. Voyager is where Star Trek kind of lost me. I managed to hang in there for maybe a couple of seasons but I wasn't even watching regularly anymore by the time 7 came alone. I watched a few episodes and didn't really get it so I basically gave up on it.

It's a shame the TNG movies weren't better. Maybe the movies with the original cast were better because there wasn't so much going on. Anyway, First Contact is the only one I still watch from time to time. I watched ST6 a month or two ago.
I was able to get into Voyager when Worf showed up. I've always loved his character. Prune juice. A warrior's drink!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts