Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently on 900 mg of St. John's Wort a day, and wanted to know if you can stop SJW and immediately (within a day) pick up an SSRI (spec. Celexa). I read on the medication information that you should wait 14 days after SJW.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm currently on 900 mg of St. John's Wort a day, and wanted to know if you can stop SJW and immediately (within a day) pick up an SSRI (spec. Celexa). I read on the medication information that you should wait 14 days after SJW.

Thoughts?
dont ask any of us, go to a doc or ask a pharmacist

·
Registered
345 Posts
Why are you switching? St. John's Wort not working out for you?

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
I would try a washout period of 7 days

I would like to try SJW for several months but here in australia this would be expensive, despite the SJW bush growing as a weed

can you eat the leaves I wonder

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I don't know anything about it really but I would wait a while for sure. I'm very cautious about supplements and medications and my body.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I would try a washout period of 7 days

I would like to try SJW for several months but here in australia this would be expensive, despite the SJW bush growing as a weed

can you eat the leaves I wonder
You can make a tea from it but my research suggest that it, as a tea, tastes like dirt and adding honey to it doesn't help very much...you could try it though, haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts