Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I take an ssri is makes me happy and want to talk to people, the down side is that it makes my social anxiety 10 times worst. I get shaky in conversations. I get really shaky in public. It's the weirdest thing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
same thing happens to me when i take SSRIs. For me, I think this is due to me not being as attentive and having concentration issues because of the serotonin increase...which of course makes conversation really difficult

What we really need is DOPAMINE, not serotonin...

Thats probably whats going on....but who knows

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I take an ssri is makes me happy and want to talk to people, the down side is that it makes my social anxiety 10 times worst. I get shaky in conversations. I get really shaky in public. It's the weirdest thing.
Yes this is my experience with so oft so far.
With zoloft? Maybe I should try a diff ssri?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
SSRI don't make me feel any different, no matter how high i put the dose
I find it strange that on one hand it can make you happy but those feelings don't have a run off effect on you social phobia.
The two go hand in hand for me and feed each other.....If one was to get better i'm sure the other would 2

·
Registered
301 Posts
With zoloft? Maybe I should try a diff ssri?
well, to be honest zoloft does not make me feel less depressed but it has increased my anxiety. i never had "generalized" anxiety before and only a few panic attacks in my whole life, now i have panic attacks a lot and i have overwhelming anxiety doing things i could manage to do before. wellbutrin gave me panic attacks big time even for a few days after stopping it so maybe its something with the dopamine re-uptake. i moved up to 25mg for the next month then hopefully to 50mg my psychiatrist said hes had a ton of success with this med so i am hoping at 50mg maybe it will change

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SSRI don't make me feel any different, no matter how high i put the dose
I find it strange that on one hand it can make you happy but those feelings don't have a run off effect on you social phobia.
The two go hand in hand for me and feed each other.....If one was to get better i'm sure the other would 2
I don't know man, but I was more talkative yet I was tweaking out when I would see normal people I wouldn't get anxiety from. Maybe I should try a diff ssri? Or will this be a common theme?

·
Overcoming Anxiety
91 Posts
From my understanding there are antidepressants that have stimulants and some that have anxiolitic properties. From what I have come to learn, Paxil and Zoloft are ones that relieve anxiety per FDA. My doctor prescribed Lexapro, he says that even though its not specifically labeled by the FDA as a Social Anxiety Disorder medication, it does work on anxiety as a whole- anxiety is anxiety he says.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been on Paxil, Zoloft, and Celexa with the opposite effect. I feel more depressed, but not as anxious. I get really numb and apathetic so I have no desire to socialize with people in the first place. Stimulants make me feel like talking to people because I'm happier, but more anxious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.