Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had a bad time with SSRI's, they all cause me to get worse with social anxiety. They make me ten times happier but make my SA ten times worst. So Would an SNRI make any difference?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
SNRI's will be even worse then. This is the problem I tried to start a discussion on a while back, raising one of the main three neurotransmitters works great for mood enhancement, but can worsen anxiety and vice versa unfortunately.

This means people with both depression AND anxiety are basically ****ed since they require polar opposite treatments.

You will have to choose between happiness or anxiety, no way around that.

I have the exact same problem as you by the way.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SNRI's will be even worse then. This is the problem I tried to start a discussion on a while back, raising one of the main three neurotransmitters works great for mood enhancement, but can worsen anxiety and vice versa unfortunately.

This means people with both depression AND anxiety are basically ****ed since they require polar opposite treatments.

You will have to choose between happiness or anxiety, no way around that.

I have the exact same problem as you by the way.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. What about TCA's, do you think I would have a different reaction?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Same story for every antidepressant I'm afraid.

The only thing that seems to be antidepressant/anti-anxiety in 1 for me is Lyrica. For me personally at least, since others seem to get more depressed on it as well and I do have significant pain also.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
So I have had a bad time with SSRI's, they all cause me to get worse with social anxiety. They make me ten times happier but make my SA ten times worst. So Would an SNRI make any difference?
I want to go the opposite way of you, I'm disappointed with SNRIs but I find that in general they're better for anxiety than for mood btw I need something to face winter's beginning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts