Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
You know a doctor willing to prescribe selegiline for non-Parkinson's reasons? Must be the luckiest person in the world.

In theory there's no obvious reason it wouldn't work, but there's not exactly much empirical data on the subject so there's only one way to find out. I combined selegiline with an SSRI without adverse effects.

Wellbutrin isn't a particularly good drug for the intended dopamine effect (I assume that's what you're targeting), and with Cymbalta you'd get a more potent effect on noradrenaline than dopamine (because of the combined NRIs). Personally I would add selegiline first, then if you reach 10mg a day without enough on dopamine, you could add Wellbutrin beginning with very small doses and working up. Selegiline dramatically increased anxiety for me by the way, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out with an NRI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm on 120mg cymbalta and 60mg mirtazapine and its working quite well. It has only gone two weeks since I started the combo. Go with mirtazapine and increase the dosage of cymbalta.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I personally think you are the luckiest person on this world. I've seen your regimen with the massive cocktail of drugs on this forum and wow :p Cool doc.
I bought 99% of those drugs myself.

I always thought NRI would block excessive NE. Selegiline also increases anxiety tenfold for me but the SNNRI would counter this.
Possibly; only one way to find out.

Don't mix duloxetine with selegiline.No one use that strategy because it's controversial and may precipitate mania or hypomania.Second thing:SSRI or SNRI+selegiline=SSRI or SNRI+placebo.It's better to ad mirtazapine or bupropine to duloxetine for full beneficial effect,and THIS IS COMMON strategy.
Selegiline doesn't = placebo; it's proven many times in depression. Mirtazapine does make a good addition to duloxetine though, yeah.

If mania happened, you could just use a lower dose. Slight hypomania isn't really even a bad thing, IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts