Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call yesterday early morning that my SSI came through and I had won. So I won't be needing a lawyer. Everything was in my favor so the person I spoke to said I would get the money put direct deposit into my account shortly. It's not there yet. At least now I can afford to take care of myself and pay for the stuff I need. I'm so tired of money being so tight and my parents having to pay for everything right now. Soon I can go buy some clothes I need and pay my Internet and other expenses and a little for fun.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
Congrats! :boogie

When I was in high school, I was a file clerk for the local Social Security office. I learned that most of the time, people are rejected for SSI or disability on their first, second, even third try. This is done because they want people to give up and then they save money.

I used to have to "weed" old files of old claims in order to make room in the filing cabinets. It was hard having to go through all of those doctors' notes and legal papers describing the person's condition and having to decide if that note was important enough to keep or if I could shred it. (I was 16 and 17 years old. How would I know what was important or not??) Some of the people had real problems, but were still denied.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was denied in 1995 but this time they accepted. Maybe because I had before and they realized it was for real.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts