Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend invited me to take a trip out of town in the next two weeks. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun but I'm freaking out about taking the train down to a place I'm unfamiliar with to be with friends of hers who I only sort of know in a town I've never really been to. She has a couple free tickets to a concert she wants to share with me and it sounds like fun, even though I've never heard of the band... but again, I'm having all these anxious feelings of "Oh my God, I'm going to be in a strange place with strange people and I don't know what to do."
What if I don't get along with her friends? What if they don't like me? I've only ever talked to them a little bit online and met a couple of them briefly but I don't really know them all that well...
I'm really scared that if I have a hard time coping with my anxiety, I'll have nowhere to go because I'm so far from home. I won't have an 'escape route' if I need it...
I want to be able to be spontaneous and have fun and do something crazy and cool like this without all these awful, terrifying feelings.
Any advice?

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Think more positively. Get as prepared as you can for the trip. Also get pumped for the concert, you should be excited, not nervous :). The anxiety about her friends is normal, but just be yourself and be friendly. If they're your friends' friends then I'm sure they'll like you as long as you're nice :)

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help :). Have fun at the concert :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts