Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, my professor took me aside and told me that I need to participate more in meetings if I want to pass the class. Well, today I did exactly that, probably talked more than anyone else did. This is a big improvement for me. Public speaking has been a big fear of mine for years. I don't know how this happened, I just knew I had to do speak up else I would fail the class and failing a class would be a nightmare. I hope I can keep this up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
congrats bro thats definitely a hard thing to do! keeping it up is even harder, but push yourself and speak when you have something to say and they wont expect you to talk all the time or even every class

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
It will get easier. :boogie :boogie :boogie
You probably had more to contribute all along....just was afraid to do so.

Don't hold back any more. It'll knock their socks off! :lol

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Congrats bowlingpins :D I know how hard speaking up in front of people can be. I used to infuriate my teachers at school and college as they knew I found the work easy and knew the answers to questions they asked, but I would never speak up in class. I used to get told by them to speak up as they knew I understood the work and could help other members of the class, but I just couldn't do it.

Keep it up, i'm sure it'll get easier for you :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats! That takes alot of nerve for ppl with sa, I can't even talk in a room of 2 or more friends...you're doing great! keep it up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts