Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've developed a problem. Since I've spent a lot of time spilling my problems with social anixiety and things here on this site whenever I go on facebook I find it rather easy to talk about my social anxiety and lifestyle and I also tend to talk in a very formal way like I do here when trying to describe a theory about something and people think I'm giving an educational lecture and tell me from the way I talk I need to get out of the house lol. Then when I get invited out I realize why the hell did I tell those people about my problems??? because in the real world I like to keep my social anxiety problems hidden and don't just "come out" telling people I'm all insecure and panic prone.

·
ugly ****
7,763 Posts
we all need to communicate with others or occupy our time somehow, if you really gonna quit try to engage in more real life activities

·
Registered
146 Posts
yeah its totally frustrating when people don't get it.

I've just learned edumacating others on my issues is not a battle I wanna pick anymore. It like a dead end. Some feel bad for you, some think you're a weirdo, some think your crazy.

I don't care what they think anymore. Trying to prove that this is an actual issue is something im over dealing with.

yeah not a fan of social networking, dont go on social networking websites, have a huge issue with privacy.

I do have to get off this site though lol. Its helping answer alot but im spending way too much time on sas.

·
Banned
38 Posts
I find that SAS is very counter-productive in helping to cure SA, which is why I lurked for a long time and didn't join. But finally I gave in. ****

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
Yeah not to be one of those people, but seriously going to try leaving this site.

·
Bleep blorp blop bip boop
3,947 Posts
Yeah not to be one of those people, but seriously going to try leaving this site.
Don't leave us, Muffin!

I spend a LOT of time on here, but I don't care. There is a 99.9% chance that if I wasn't here, then I'd just be on some other website (and probably something stupid like Facebook :puke ).

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This site is rather friendly compared to a lot of other forums on the internet which is one good point plus you can get different opinions on things which is also good.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah its totally frustrating when people don't get it.

I've just learned educating others on my issues is not a battle I wanna pick anymore. It like a dead end. Some feel bad for you, some think you're a weirdo, some think your crazy.

I don't care what they think anymore. Trying to prove that this is an actual issue is something im over dealing with.

yeah not a fan of social networking, dont go on social networking websites, have a huge issue with privacy.

I do have to get off this site though lol. Its helping answer alot but im spending way too much time on sas.
I'm not sure people ever will understand something like social anxiety unless they have it themselves. My brother used to have social anxiety about blushing and he understood my problem and would even try to help me in situations because he could pick up when I was getting anxious. But now he's over it and no longer seems to understand it like he used to when he had his problem.

I think trying to educate people about it is pointless since all it really does is bring attention to the fact that one is deeply insecure. It's something best left to discuss with a therapist.

That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep the problem to myself and keep working on it. No point in telling people since they do tend to think I'm weird and sad.

·
Banned
12,025 Posts
I sorta did spend a lot time here when i first joined. But now its just boring. All you see is the same thing over and over. If i don't see any good threads, I just leave. I don't have people to chat with here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts