Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a huge loner right now. I know I am not the only one but it kinda sucks. I'm a 19 year old and I work at a local grocery store and I got off at 10 tonight. My coworker invited me to go to a bonfire but I refused and made up a lame excuse. I'm really regretting it now because I'm not doing anything better.. :flush not sure why I do this to myself, I really don't know what I want. I feel down on myself when I don't get invited to places and feel excluded.. but when I am invited somewhere, sometimes I make up an excuse not to go because I'm afraid of hanging out. I know a lot of people my age are partying right now and with their friends/boyfriends/girlfriends, but I'm at home by myself (parents are out). Anyone else in the same boat? :time

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
Pretty much everyone here (including myself) is alone today.

But I don't really care, since I'm alone the other 364 days as well. Why should today be different?

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
Not to make you feel bad, but I'm not spending it alone.

I'm spending it with my mom.

·
Registered
12,772 Posts
Yeah, I notice the more I've tried to make something out of myself and do the right thing, the more time alone I get to spend with myself.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Alone for New Years as well.

I was offered to go out drinking with a few people but turned it down. I don't know whether it was a mood thing or some strong introversion, but I'm ok with it.

Clicking on the Facebook bookmark on the other hand...

·
SAS Member
2,118 Posts
I really don't know what I want.
These words pretty much summed up my feelings last night too. I like being alone, but at the same time I couldn't help but feel like I was missing out, especially when I saw everyone out having a good time with each other, and here I was going home to an empty house.

I guess ultimately I would rather have been born a completely different person - someone better looking and with better social skills. But since I have to work with what I've got, I've made peace with the fact that I'm a loner and I would rather be that than go out and delude myself that I'm better looking and act more social than I really am.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
Mine too! Free reign of the TV to watch Disney Channel new years specials though. Yay?

·
berp
1,480 Posts
ya we didnt care this year so we all just chilled i watched tv and it was just me and my dog he can sure party let me tell ya!:p

·
Banned
193 Posts
i spend everyday alone news years is just another day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im spending it alone too. It sucks. I wasn't even invited to anything. Its funny how so much has changed in a year.....last new years I was out having a blast. And now, I dont even get a text.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You know, after finding out what some very social people did with their New Year's (two different people stayed at their own homes and did TV show/movie marathons) I'm starting to think us SA folks put too much pressure on New Year's Eve as an event sometimes. Yeah, New Year's alone sucks, but it only seems like everybody else is out having a party.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts