Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How many speeding tickets have you received?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's gotta be atleast 5-7. Oh I forgot about the ones when I lived up north. Ok, add a couple to that. Not in a few years though and don't plan on getting anymore as I can't afford it. I started off bad. First day driving legally (16), I got a ticket. Second day driving, I bought a radar detector (aka fuzz buster). 8)

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
None unless you count the two warning tickets I've recieved. The only tickets I've had to pay were once for not wearing my seat belt and once for tinted windows.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got a parking ticket once. I always drive however fast I feel comfy driving and scan for cops on the side. I don't even know the speed limits in this town I just moved to.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Just one, but it was pretty cheap-***. There's this ring road around my university where the speed limit is 40 km/h, and apparently I was going 57. I got a $40 ticket for that. Everyone goes at least 60 km/h on that road though.......

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
I have been driving for 20 years and never received a speeding ticket. It isn't I followed the speed limit, I just am lucky I guess. Heck I used to speed down the freeway in Des Moines at 75 in a 65 all of the time. I never have got caught. The only tickets I received was a parking ticket in my freshman year in college. I didn't know about it. The ticket must of blown away. I found out during spring registration. I waited in line for 3 freakin hours to register. When I got up to the computer the lady had an attitude and told me I couldn't register till I paid it. Which met losing my place in line to do this. Luckily, someone I had some classes with kept my place. She was such a sweetheart. I should of proposed marriage to her right their in line. :)

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I've never gotten a ticket. I usually drive at the speed limit on residential streets, about 2 or 3 miles over the limit in 35 mph zones, 4-5 mph over in 45 mph areas, 5-7 mph over in 55 mph areas and 8-10 mph over in 65 mph areas...depending on traffic flow, time of day, and number of cops on the road.

When I was about 9 years old, a cop pulled my mom over right in front of our house (on our way home). She was going 30 mph in a 25. He looked at the address on the driver's license, looked at the house, and then looked back at the driver's license. I thought he was going to let her off with a warning, but he wrote a ticket. The worst part is that he was the DARE officer at our school, so I had to see him every week for the DARE classes.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I have a lead foot and I've never got a ticket, been driving 3 years. Cops here that sit at the side of the road have to be in plain sight according to the law. They can't hide behind a bush or anything so you gotta be pretty stupid to get caught by them.

·
Registered
660 Posts
In my 7 years of driving I have never gotten a ticket for anything.
Those cops know not to mess with me. :twisted

Reactions: Dying note

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Zero..I allways drive the speed limit. People say I drive like an old lady because i drive carefully and slow. Everyone tailgates me then passes me.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I should've gotten 4, but I cried and got away with 3 of them. :lol That virginian cop was a pretty big jerk, he couldn't care less about seeing me pout. :b

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I said four or five. That is what I get for commuting so much. I guess it was my beautiful 1999 compact car that just stands out so much doing 76 in a 65. I had to say four or five, but I really don't know officially. I know that I haven't had one in over three years *knock on wood*.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hey Sadpanda, this question was for you;-)))

Two.........One, I was going 75 in a 55 zone.............just got back from a hand gun course, I had casing all through my car (don't ask) a bumper sticker that spoke of Nicole Simpson.......I didn't have my regitration, proof of insurance................He let me "off" with 10 over, could have had me for reckless driving and a few other infractions..........

1 - 20 of 63 Posts