Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lately achieved something I considered and still consider hard and nerve-wrecking. Speaking to an audience - it was an assignment that I had to do. It seemed quite bad that I have to step up and be the center of attention for everyone.

It's probably my greatest accomplishment this far - speaking (or actually, reading a page-long text) to an audience of some 200 people... Well, I didn't exactly make much eye contact with the audience and I did take minor amounts of alcohol beforehand due to nervousness, but when I got in the "spotlight" the only problems I had were that I could feel my face blushing a bit and my voice seemed to come out slightly "shaky" - not too noticeably, though. Good thing the paper I was reading was attached to thick covers, otherwise people would have noticed the thin paper shaking...

But I did not mess up... which was what I had feared most. I am usually very introverted, quiet and shy - I normally would never have done such a "stunt". The fear that I had before the "performance" was actually the hardest part... :roll

1 - 3 of 3 Posts