Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post, I have no idea what I'm doing but hey lets go:

Does anyone else find it really really pathetic that we're made to speak either to the class or just a one on one with your teacher for a GCSE/A Level (UK). Like do they not realise that some of us cannot physically speak without shaking or messing up everything we say? For example French speaking exams, I did one and I completely forgot about the fact I was actually supposed to speak in a French accent because I was too focussed on actually remembering what I'd memorised. And now I'm sat regretting everything I said because I've made a total fool of myself and I'm probably going to fail which doesn't seem fair to me because if it'd of been a writing assessment then I'd of been perfectly fine but the fact I had to speak it ruined the whole thing?

:|

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh yes! I hate speaking assignments. No matter where it is. Used to skip school when I knew we had it :/ But now, 5 years later, I understand what an important need it was to force us up there and speak. No matter how horrible it is, it's good practice which you will need later in life :)

If you struggle with speaking assignments, one tip to you is to talk with your teacher. Maybe you can find a solution together, because it's their responsibility too to help you overcome the isssue you're having :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes! I hate speaking assignments. No matter where it is. Used to skip school when I knew we had it :/ But now, 5 years later, I understand what an important need it was to force us up there and speak. No matter how horrible it is, it's good practice which you will need later in life :)

If you struggle with speaking assignments, one tip to you is to talk with your teacher. Maybe you can find a solution together, because it's their responsibility too to help you overcome the isssue you're having :)
Hmm yeh I suppose- thanks for the advice:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts