Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got through my 5 weeks of teaching prac pretty much unscarred. But thats not the best thing.

I really enjoyed being on prac too, some days i really looked forward to going. i loved getting to know the kids, i really cared about them and wanted them to succeed. i tried my hardest to be the best teacher i could be and i am proud of what i have accomplished. being proud of myself is something i really struggle with so the fact i can even say im proud is a huge step.

I tried my hardest to interact with the staff at my school and found they really accepted me for who i was.

But all of this still isnt the best thing. the best thing is that during my last three pracs i have at some stage told the teacher i was with about my SA and almost used it as an excuse for why i wasnt good at certain things. this year however, ive finished prac and no one at the school knows anything about my SA. i didnt have to use it as an excuse. i did it and i can do it again :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
You kick butt Casey!!! Ohh wait, that's a bad example for teaching kids.

You rock Casey!!! Ooohhh, wait, another bad example.

mmmm, whatever... you rule Casey!!! ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
i loved getting to know the kids, i really cared about them and wanted them to succeed.
Right on, Caseybug! Thatis what being a proud, excellent teacher is all about! (from one teacher to another). :banana

Star :hug

·
Registered
36 Posts
Caseybug, that is really awesome! Give yourself a pat on the back! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts