Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stress never goes away.
I'm overwhelmed by everything.

When I do act like myself, I feel like everything I say is offensive or doesn't make any sense. And I mostly feel this way because of the way people react. I'm not a normal person. I just feel so inadequate at everything.

I barely have any friends, & the friends that I do have I find it so hard to comfortably talk to them. I just suck at socializing!

I just feel alone and like everyone around me seems so selfish and ignorant. I don't really see the beauty in anything. No one appeals to me. I don't feel anything other than stress and anxiety and sadness. And when I do feel 'happy' or 'comfortable' it's mostly like me acting that way but being totally detached from what I'm saying? Like I hate every second of it, but I continue to talk and act like I'm having a good time? And after awhile of CONSTANTLY doing that, holding all my feelings in, and feeling guilty for EVERYTHING that I do, it just is simply impossible to live happily.

I'm just done. I try so hard everyday of my life. And these feelings don't go away. I just wanna give up.

I just feel like the main part of the population, it seems, is SOOO judgmental and critical of everyone. I just feel this pressure to be perfect around people. I just hate the world I live in. It's full of selfish, vain, ignorant, judgmental, close-minded **** heads.
****life.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I can relate to that. And i bet your not a bad person. Social Anxiety can make us all feel overwhelmed. I am under stress basically all day long. And i'm not going anywhere or doing anything. Pure anxiety.

At least the forums are here, so you can talk about it with people.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think everyone here can relate to that. I definitely can. But just think, if you didn't have SA then you'd be part of that judgmental, critical population. Just stay strong and believe in yourself. You are better then all those negative people who judge you BECAUSE you are not like them. And know that not everyone is like that. There some very good people out there. There are some really good people on this site.
Keep your head up!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You aren't alone

People look at me and think I'm basically a happy person. I look that way on the outside. But inside, it's like barbed wire all knarled up. I constantly have stress due to my husband's illness.
You look at our life and stuff we have you would think I have it all. But, I don't. I wish I could feel normal or react normal to situations. It just doesn't work that way.
When my kids come over for a visit, I rarely say anything about my problems cause they all say I should leave my husband (step-Dad) they have heard it all before and I basically have no one to talk to. I feel very uncomfortable in social situations, I don't even like to get groceries anymore.Due to his illness I can't work it creates all kinds of problems. He is disabled and we live on a fixed income.
People are very selfish yes the world has changed. And I don't know what will become of our grandkids.:no

·
electric
6,777 Posts
They sound hardly perfect themselves so what does it really mean if they expect perfection from you? A flawed person expecting another to be perfect is just silly, so don't listen to it. You can't be everything they want but you don't want to be either, so no use trying. Let them judge and just aim for average!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.