Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing this lately and it's been helping. Like yesterday, I was at Golden Corral with hubby and we sat next to a table with the blind closed. The blind being closed was bothering me, so I went against the current in my body and took it upon myself to open the blind. The light shot into the entire buffet and my natural self would look around embarrassed, because I'm sure that people are staring at me. I didn't do that, I just stared outside the window and ignored everyone... then shortly after went up for my second plate of food.

Also, in the bathroom (I always tend to meet folk in the bathroom I don't know why) this woman started talking to me about how hard the air was coming out of the dryer and I agreed with her. She had a herbal support shirt on, so I asked if she were a vegeterian and she started talking to me about her little shop. I asked her for a business card and she told me to come over to her table. Her table was crowded and there was a bunch of people staring at me, and I said "hello, I just came over for a business card to your shop." That was all and the woman engaged me in more conversation. It was nice. I felt better, no sweating.

So I take baby steps like this sometimes. I go against my current and it slowly gets better.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Agreed it defiently helps to do it sometimes. Its a really liberating feeling when it goes well too:D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts