Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...because they're a bunch of homophobic idiots who have never heard about no discrimination!

so, everyone in my family is homophobic, but my uncle has had some very homophobic... statements that makes you wonder does he have problems. you know, in the head.

today, he was telling me a story about how he once saw a guy with a red wig and some glasses, who was giggling next to other guy. uncle said how that guy was a f****t and began babbling about how he could see that (based on the guy's appearance).

next, he told a story some woman once has told him. in germany, there was a baby crying in the stroller and two guys were kissing next to it. if i got it right, they were the baby's parents. he had told this story before, and as i wasn't convinced, i tried to search about it on the internet, but i didn't find anything about it. has anyone heard about it?

then, i said how, i saw a girl with a pretty hairstyle in the store yesterday. she had a blonde hair, to her chin, but it was put on the right side, if you get what i mean, and the left side of her head was shaven. and my uncle then said that she was a lesbian.

also, about the guy from the first story, he said how he would like to whip them (gay people) across their bare asses. :blank he had similar statements, though they weren't about gay people. also, based on his words, he would have nothing against beating gays. by the way, he claims gay men can't fight, because they're like girls - his exact words! (but the girls CAN fight).

i needed to vent out, because when they say something like that, it makes me ashamed of being related to them.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Haha, mine are like that too. I remember when I'd convinced mum and dad that I was lesbian (as a joke, but they ended up believing it) because they said I couldn't have a boyfriend until I finished uni for all those stupid reasons and they sat me down and told me that they'd let me do whatever I wanted with a guy so long as I stop being lesbian because apparently it was wrong and not normal. I was like "Wait, wut...?" :um

Then they told my cousin and WOW! It was basically this 2 hour lecture about how it was sinful, and something to do with god and being punished and so on. Then the aunties somehow found out and got involved and it was not good. Even after I'd told them it was a joke, they didn't believe me and kept going on about how wrong it was and how I shouldn't love other women like that. That was like my whole stay with them wasted on being lectured!

They were just raised certain ways and subjected to different values and traditions that they live by. Don't let them get to your head. That's their perception on LGBT relationships, not yours. Just because they're family doesn't mean you have to agree with them. If you think these relationships are okay, then that's all that matters and props to you! :)

·
Maybe?
2,598 Posts
I have the same thing in my family, but with ethnic minorities. It's embarrassing and there's always the risk of getting dragged in.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I wonder what would happen if anyone in your family was gay. I bet you they are the kind of people who would kick anyone out of the house. I have been taught to show kindness towards anyone coming from different backgrounds, sexual orientation, religion,whatever. I remember one point in my life, I thought I was bisexual but of course I never told anyone not even my sister and she's the one I'm closest to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts