Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...because he loves me.

Because he can't find a damn thing wrong with me when all I see are flaws.
He is perfect. Kind, gentle, loving, romantic...and sometimes I wish he were just..not here.

He holds me and tells me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me and it makes me sick because I can't deserve it. I don't deserve anything I have.
Does anyone else have times when they can't stand their significant other?

·
Banned
160 Posts
...because he loves me.

He is perfect. Kind, gentle, loving, romantic...and sometimes I wish he were just..not here.

He holds me and tells me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me and it makes me sick because I can't deserve it. I don't deserve anything I have.
That's wonderful. I hate my boyfriend for the opposite reason. I think you and my bf have the same thing going on. :b Ode to the moderators. Please remove if you find this post offensive.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yep I get like this too. I feel like a waste of space and time. But he loves me? I feel fat and repulsive. But he still finds me attractive after I put on 30kgs since I met him? I dont contribute much to the relationship, I dont work, the house is always a mess, I dont have a social life, I dont talk to his friends, I dont even talk to his family. But he still loves me? What the heck!
On the other hand, I think its perfectly natural to hate your partner every now and then. When 2 people spend so much time together your bound to find something you cant stand. But I see that people who have been together for decades, seem to get over the fact that theres always going to be something to hate.
My problem with my partner is, I wish he was more honest with me. If something about me is bothering him. I wanna know! Drives me mad.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i wish i were single. ive tried breaking up with her before but she just cries, calls and tells me we can work it out. i know im not doing her any good by staying with her if i have no romantic feelings for her. i wish women didnt get so damned attached. i wish i werent so weak

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
i wish i were single. ive tried breaking up with her before but she just cries, calls and tells me we can work it out. i know im not doing her any good by staying with her if i have no romantic feelings for her. i wish women didnt get so damned attached. i wish i werent so weak
Ultimately you are choosing to stay in this relationship though, and I know you are admitting to that by ending that post with "i wish i werent so weak". If you want out then leave. Its a lot easier to do than people think. And you arent doing anyone, least of all yourself, any favors by staying.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
...because he loves me.

You should try to appreciate it rather than resent it. I dont think you really resent him per se but rather are projecting your own feelings about yourself onto him. Its great to have someone who adores you. Most people would love to have that. I am lucky enough to have that although it took at least 2.5 years before I really believed it.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
...because he loves me.

that would drive me crazy too. it's kind of suffocating. it's nicer when someone acknowledges how you feel about yourself.

206 Posts
I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but you should feel lucky to have a guy like that. It's a rare find.

·
Burnt-on cheese
1,005 Posts
I don't understand. At first I thought that was tongue-in-cheek. Well, here's my piece. Please try to bear with the man. Please... even if you might not see eye-to-eye on that... he sounds like a wonderful person... and you do deserve to be loved. I know it might be hard to see yourself like he does, but you know, he might be on to something. The most important thing is, please, just love him back. Appreciate him now. I'm practically begging you, please, just love him and appreciate him as long as you are able.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is an amazing person. He opens doors for people, puts carts back in the grocery store and helps old ladies...he is perfect in every single way.

and it kills me because I feel like I am not worth it. That is my issue...its not him..not at all. He is amazing. I can't see what he sees in me. It is definitely my feelings about myself involved in this. I hate myself..and can't understand why anyone could even like me let alone love me.

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
just don't drive him away cuz u don't like what he says. he must be saying these things for a good reason. hear what he says to u.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
He is an amazing person. He opens doors for people, puts carts back in the grocery store and helps old ladies...he is perfect in every single way.

and it kills me because I feel like I am not worth it. That is my issue...its not him..not at all. He is amazing. I can't see what he sees in me. It is definitely my feelings about myself involved in this. I hate myself..and can't understand why anyone could even like me let alone love me.
you are worth it. That's why he's with you. Perhaps counseling can help you to like yourself first, before you get married.

·
Banned
160 Posts
How would that be offensive?
My now ex-boyfriend doesn't deserve me because I was too good for him, was what I was trying to say. I figured you were offended by what I said because you were the one to feel you didn't deserve your boyfriend. Yeah, you do deserve happiness, but if you're sitting back and letting him do all the nice things, it's a different story. I might have misunderstood your post?

·
Registered
760 Posts

I think you should talk to either a close friend, family member or counsellor to get your self esteem up. That's what it is. I have been in your position where I have told the love of my life that I don't deserve to be loved and why she'd want to be with me etc.

Ask yourself this, would you rather be with him than without him?

Consider this...taking into account that your man is such a loving person with excellent qualities (that most women would absolutely die to have in their own husbands and boyfriends), how do you feel that out of all the women he could be with, that he has chosen to love and adore you?

There are so many single women out there who are stunning and in their 30's and 40's that would love find a man with the qualities of yours but have never been fortunate enough.

Please do something about improving your self worth and right to be loved and cherished because you will end up regretting it if these feelings you have somehow affect your relationship for the worse.

I look back to 6 years ago when I was in a similar position to you and gave my gf **** about how I didn't deserve her and she should leave me etc and eventually we parted ways. I would give anything to change that because I miss her and wish these last 6 years could've been spent by her side.

I hope you consider what I've written.

You are beautiful and deserve to be loved, adored and be seen as someone's one and only.

Cheers :)

·
Newly Optimistic
2,319 Posts
...because he loves me.

Yeah, my teddy bear loves me but I don't understand how he can like me despite my flaws.

You're not alone!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts