Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Not sure where to start or what to say...story of my life :lol ! I have not been "formally" diagnosed with social anxiety, but it fits the bill. I have always been uncomfortable around people, have few friends, and hide in my cave most of the time. I do attend 12 step recovery meetings every day (clean & sober for 2 yrs), but always feel apart from the group. I have been unable to build meaningful relationships for, well, as long as I can remember. I receive disability for major depressive disorder but don't respond to medication. I am sick of being in fear all the time and avoiding social situations where people will see how messed up I am and look down on me :afr (even if it is all in my head). I know I am not what my mind tells me I am, but I haven't been able to change how I feel. I guess I'm not alone. I don't see any support groups in Tucson for shyness & SA, but I found this place so here I am. Thanks.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey sunkyman, welcome to :sas

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
welcome :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Still Running
387 Posts
hello sunkyman
hope you find this site usefull in making a better life

·
The Kwisatz Haderach
205 Posts
Hi Sunkyman.

Some of the things you've mentioned resonate with me too. As I'm still in the progress of 'finding myself', I can't offer anything very helpful. All the same, good luck in trying to conquer the anxiety, and I really mean that too, because I know for a fact how ruinous it can prove to the quality of ones life.

·
Registered
643 Posts
There's an SA support group in Phoenix not sure how far that is for you. You've got the social anxiety institute in Phoenix as well.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Sunkyman! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts