Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always feel like God will not choose me to do something important because I am not "strong" enough, however, this is not the case. I am quoting this from a daily devotional that was sent to me from The Active Word (issue: December 2004, volume 1, http://www.activeword.org )....
"The fact is that God prefers to use those who are outcasts because it underscores His glory and grace. 1 Corinthians 1:27 tells us that we weren't chosen because of our strengths but because of our weaknesses. Our weaknesses act as a dark backdrop against which God's glory and grace brightly blaze."

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Thanks for that, i beleive in God and i needed something more to think about besides the usual "there is nothing wrong with you" thing, etc. But i do beleive that God graces us and uses the ones who feel they have no use, we are all strong to still be here with this, i often wonder why i even go on sometimes, but i have this idea that there are greater things in store for people like us, i beleive in it, its usually the great ones that are freaks anyways.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it's awesome the ways in which God can use people, no matter their circumstances or "position" in life. I've struggled a lot with feeling like God can't use me either because of all my problems. But the truth really is that He can use anyone.

Thanks for sharing that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts