Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· immortal in the making
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tell us something about yourself, that you are proud of, and makes you who you are. the more special your trait/s is to you, the more i'd like to hear.

for me, i think a few things i am proud of as an individual are my keen photography skills (which i often push under a door mat, presumably because i'm affraid of the atention, but i'm fighting that), and my ability to pick up new skills very quickly (doing skills, not thinking skills, like putting things together etc)

· Registered
37 Posts
I am proud of the changes I've made to my life and am the living proof that a leapord CAN change his spots. I have had a lot of anger issues in the past but thanks mainly to my hobby, I've overcome them. A couple of years ago I started to learn Tarot and other divination type cards and what I've learned about myself through these is amazing and they really give me a lot, even more so when I read for others and know I have helped others too, it's like a double bonus, doing something to help myself and to help others:clap

Paul

· killer of conversations
10,547 Posts
Figuring things out on my own without the help of others. Sure there are written instructions and people who already know the ins and outs, but I'd rather at least half-learn how to do something myself as long as no harm can come from it. I don't know why exactly, it just makes me feel...capable.

· immortal in the making
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figuring things out on my own without the help of others. Sure there are written instructions and people who already know the ins and outs, but I'd rather at least half-learn how to do something myself as long as no harm can come from it. I don't know why exactly, it just makes me feel...capable.
does this include fixing things? i seem a little obsessed with trying to fix things myself, rather than resort to calling a professional or replacing said item.

· Banned
2,702 Posts
Nothing makes me feel proud. I don't need to think I'm better than other people to feel good about myself. I feel good about myself because we all have the right to feel that way about ourselves, unless you do horrible things and I don't.

· Registered
690 Posts
Nothing makes me feel proud. I don't need to think I'm better than other people to feel good about myself. I feel good about myself because we all have the right to feel that way about ourselves, unless you do horrible things and I don't.
I don't think being proud has anything to do with being better then people its more about recognizing whats worthwhile about you.

And the things I'm proud of are my sense of humor and my knowledge of music.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.