Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They can't live without avocados.

I've seen this on a countless number of profiles. When did everyone become obsessed with avocados? It seems to be the new trend.

They're pretty good, but I think I could live without them. Has anyone else noticed the rise of the avocado lately?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Never underestimate the power of fad diet foods. A while back it was pomegranate, then acai berries, now it's avocados. This sh-t comes and goes like the seasons.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
I only know it through Subway's ad campaign.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Guacamole is great but I mean come on :lol

·
Registered
995 Posts
I know a lot of people who like avocados, but I've never really noticed it becoming a "thing." They're healthy though, so I get it. I've never really eaten them except when I got sushi with my friend once and she ordered some with avocado. I couldn't even taste anything in there that seemed like avocado, so I'm going to assume they don't have a strong taste at all. To me they just kind of seem like a food that I'd eat if it was offered to me, but it's not something I'd bother to seek out or crave.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They're the butter of vegetables.

Also, as stated above...because of guaca-mole, as made even more famous by Dr. Steve Brule. Check it out.

Either way, they're pretty fatty and delicious, but the "good" kind.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did some research, apparently they are very nutritious, and good for the skin. That could explain it! Yeah, it's kinda strange that they would list this on dating profiles, maybe it's just a coincidence that a few people in my area included that, haha.

Though, this could mean something. The key to female attraction is avocados. Start using avocado soap, carry avocado around in your pockets, or wear an avocado t-shirt and the ladies will swoon all over you. It's kinda like MM75 with mangoes. Food can be powerful.

And guacamole is awesome, though it always makes me think of Austin Powers.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mmmmm, I do love me some avocados. I have two in fridge right now. Might have to do something about that...

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
i have always liked them. But haven't eaten one in awhile...

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Avocados are good for you. And yummy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts