Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am 20 years old female. I am stuck with the same issue since junior high and I need to do something about it because it is eating me from inside. I have social problems, I feel uncomfortable meeting new people, I judge myself a lot and I feel like I am missing basic social skills. I move to US from different country seven years ago and I think that has a lot to do with my low self-esteem and lack of confidence. I cannot tell you how many articles I read about being happy, meeting new people and all that philosophical/psychological guides to a better life. I am doing something wrong with my life and I know it and it is killing me because I don't want to waste my youth. I never had a boyfriend. Every time I got close with someone something would go totally wrong and I would end up really hurt. I have acquaintances and friends but they are only close with me for a while and then we shift away. I just feel like they loose interest in me. I want to stop working about this and stop worrying so much overall and just live my life but it is really difficult. I feel so lonely yet I feel uncomfortable around people and I judge myself for not saying the right thing for not being interesting enough for talking too much about things others just don't care about. I feel like I should not be feeling sad about and stop feeling sorry about myself and just get myself together but that doesn't work and I only feel even worse. I feel a little discussed writing all this in here because it just sounds so pathetic but I need opinion. I need someone to tell me what to do, telling my mom is not good enough anymore. I want someone to listen to me being on a neutral ground and I don't want to go to a psychologist. I need to fix this problem and enjoy my life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts