Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok woah, lately I been going out by myself because I have no friend where I live, there all hours away and I don't have a vehicle at this second.

Really, I been trying to talk to people by just putting myself out there and approach people to rid myself of this nagging anxiety of meeting new people. (desenitation)

I haven't done it much, but when I do I will go to the book store, grocery stores, and bars and talk to girls and what not.

When, I go to the bars (there only two and there right by my house) I don't always drink because I like to keep in control, but sometimes I like to have a couple to loosen up a little.

Well, there is this one, and it's all like cool, jock, joe six pack, miss goody two-shoes kind of people... Well not all but most, they are a real hard group to approach and not a good place to be if your trying to desensitize yourself.

But, the other one, which I went two yesterday is like the "cheers" type of bar, like they play all types of music and everyone is just cool with everyone. The couple times I went there I made friends with some girls, and talked back in forth with waitress about nothing really, but it helps your confidence when people are cool to you.

Well, some older gentleman (not really) came in and set next to me. I was like what the heck and started asking him some simple questions, like what are drinking and what not, just fluff conversation.

Then a rap song came on that i liked and he kept dissing me and I was like dude I have a very diverse musical taste which is honest. Then a song he liked came on, and he was like now this is music and I was like yeah I like that song too, and he was like no you don't and just being very contrary.

Okay, now heres where things got real screwed. He was an older guy, so he started talking about Vietnam, and I was just like okay yeah thats cool I have a lot of family in the military. THEN the conversation turned to POLITICS. I know this is not a good subject to talk about I experienced it before, so I just agreed with everything he said. He is a right wing extremist IMO, I just told him i'm a independent, then he was like no your a left winger, and actually started telling me I was not human being because I told him I did not watch glen beck and fox news...WTF?

I was like dude I have to go, so I went to go pay, I am not going to lie I was a lil drunk, but there was money right in front of me that I sware I put down and it was $5 dollars. So, he said I took his money and I was like I don't think so guy why would your money be right in my face, but he kept going on and on, and I got sick of it so I was like hear have $5, I dont care. Then he said I took $10 from him!!!! I was like heck no, and we got in a shouting match, and I said F it again it aint worth it I threw another $5 more at him, and he said I didnt give it to him again!

At this point I snapped, and I just went buck wild and was like dude your about to get your *** whooped by someone half you age leave me the he.ll alone. I wanted to deck him right then and there, i was about too, my adrenaline was rushing like crazy.

But, I don't need any more problem then I have, so I just left but the front door was locked!! So, the waitress rushed over to let me out she had to know what was going on. I told her what happened she seemed cool, and I was like here, heres $5 for you too, I don't steal, and I tip.

Do you think this was a case of just bad luck, or do you think I overreacted. I know of some people who would of done alot more.

I know you shouldn't mix Remeron with alcohol. But, doesn't all drugs say that. Heck my doctor even told me I could have a couple beer with nardil.

I really want to go back to this place because it's not always like this, and I want a social life and its easy to be social there.

Maybe I shouldnt of went buck wild, but I never did nothing to anyone who didn't have it coming. I try to like people alot, and think they may like me, maybe thats my problem.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hard to say, alcohol and meds affect everyone differently. Just one of those things I guess, in your case, I wouldn't necessarily blame Remeron.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only reason I think it could of been the remeron alcohol mix is because I like turned in the incredible hulk. My muscle tensed up, and I probablly had a crazy look in my eyes. I had no fear, he knew it too and was probably scared because before I was just agreeing with everything he said, this time I told him what I was going to do to him. Too bad I didn't get like that before I gave him all my money.

I really want to go back to this place, maybe today even, but I think I might of made too big of a scene.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean, I know you can't get both sides of the story. And I do admit I acted a little bit crazy. But I also think US with social anxiety are sometimes too much push overs in the first place. I mean I kept giving this dude money, and I finally snapped.

I was also on adderal which give you a little more confidence but it also lets you drink like a fish like without getting drunk, not that I didn't have a buzz.

Maybe I am just growing a spine, and that dude came into my life to teach me not to be too nice to people I dont even know.

I just don't know. It was really a mindfeak of a day, and tell you the truth i want to go back real bad but im sorta scared, because I don't know if hes real good friends with the bartenders, or is a regular or something.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Plenty of douche-bags go to bars just looking for fights. Sounds like it was just one of those guys, don't worry about it. You certainly shouldn't feel bad about it, nor should you have felt bad if you wound up snapping and caving his face in with your boot. You did the right classy thing though, no use getting yourself into trouble over some moron.

Good for you for putting yourself out there in social situations.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Plenty of douche-bags go to bars just looking for fights. Sounds like it was just one of those guys, don't worry about it. You certainly shouldn't feel bad about it, nor should you have felt bad if you wound up snapping and caving his face in with your boot. You did the right classy thing though, no use getting yourself into trouble over some moron.

Good for you for putting yourself out there in social situations.
+1. Sounds like you did the right thing on all accounts, and I hope you don't have any reservations going back to the bar down the road.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Yeah it actually seems like you relatively kept your cool. It doesn't sound like your fault at all to begin with, so I definitely wouldn't be blaming it on one of your meds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It sounds like the old guy is just a wanker.

This had nothing to to do with SA or your medication, so you got nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I went back today (the other bar) and had a good time. Guess what 2? I didn't take my remeron. I wonder if that why I had a better day, I was able to just with people that messed with me, or just blow them off...I didn't feel all angery. I wonder if I could just take remeron on the weekdays to keep my depression at bay, and not take it on the weekend when I want to have fun, nah it probably would give me brain zaps or something.

Man, I might just be paranoid, but I been on many antidepressants and I had to get off as soon as I got on almost, because alot of them did me wrong especially SSRI's. I try to repspect and be scared and have healthy skeptism of medicine because I know there effect.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Well I went back today (the other bar) and had a good time. Guess what 2? I didn't take my remeron. I wonder if that why I had a better day, I was able to just with people that messed with me, or just blow them off...I didn't feel all angery. I wonder if I could just take remeron on the weekdays to keep my depression at bay, and not take it on the weekend when I want to have fun, nah it probably would give me brain zaps or something.

Man, I might just be paranoid, but I been on many antidepressants and I had to get off as soon as I got on almost, because alot of them did me wrong especially SSRI's. I try to repspect and be scared and have healthy skeptism of medicine because I know there effect.
Stopping remeron won't give you brain zaps, what it will give you however is a return of insomnia and depression, I stopped taking mine over the weekend, feeling so ****ty now that I had to start again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yeah thanks guys, for having my back.. sometimes it feels like your the only one in the world.

Jim Morrison

Should I just drop the Remeron. I have Clondine (catapress) to knock me out if I need to sleep. I am already on anti-depresant (adderal), well it was for depression back in the day, but they changed it to kiddy medicine. I also take klonopin and xanax.

I just don't know what to do because I am not super depressed right now. I am just afraid of the dark hole, very afraid been there done that many times, and its hard to get out. I dont know if i can go through a nother dark, dark period of my life.

The thing with me though is I always start a antidepressant and have to stop for some reason. I am just afraid if I decide to stay on it, then try to get off my depression/anxiety while skyrocket. I dont know maybe i should wait it out. No ones really putting a gun to my head and making me take, I am the one who actually asked for it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think most of it was just the person in the bar being an idiot. But I wouldn't also be surprised with the increased confidence while taking adderal as well.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Oh yeah thanks guys, for having my back.. sometimes it feels like your the only one in the world.

Jim Morrison

Should I just drop the Remeron. I have Clondine (catapress) to knock me out if I need to sleep. I am already on anti-depresant (adderal), well it was for depression back in the day, but they changed it to kiddy medicine. I also take klonopin and xanax.

I just don't know what to do because I am not super depressed right now. I am just afraid of the dark hole, very afraid been there done that many times, and its hard to get out. I dont know if i can go through a nother dark, dark period of my life.

The thing with me though is I always start a antidepressant and have to stop for some reason. I am just afraid if I decide to stay on it, then try to get off my depression/anxiety while skyrocket. I dont know maybe i should wait it out. No ones really putting a gun to my head and making me take, I am the one who actually asked for it.
It's your call, mirtazapine is supposedly pretty rapid acting as an antidepressant (2 weeks according to data) so if you fall into that black hole then you can always start it then, if your just taking it for sleep, then take a low dose, if your taking it for depression, then the doses can go higher but expect more side effects.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Just give it some time. I would wait a while before going back. Let things blow over. You can work on other areas of SA during this time.

You don't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dude, it's a bar, and it's an old drunk retard. Don't let it hang on your mind (Cause I know it will). Trust me, FORGET IT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts