Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1381 - 1386 of 1386 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
I dropped my card holder clip thingy about an hour ago after I left the grocery store. I backtracked my path unconfident it will turned up. And it didn't. Just when I was going to accept giving up, and dreading having to make all kinds of card cancellation & re-issuring errands, I saw a big bush on the corner of my eye right next to the line of parked shopping carts. As a last ditch effort, I decide to duck under and shine my phone flashlight under the bush to see. And there it was, my card clip just laying there. Another big phew. 😹

I am now 4/4 in these kinds of situations. Yet I still never learn to be careful and am absent-minded as usual.

• Wow
Reactions: either/or

·
Horny Lesbian not villain
330 Posts
I had two potato cakes stacked on top of each other with two rashers of vegan bacon on top, alongside half a tin of organic baked beans. It was absolutely delicious!

The vegan bacon looks, tastes, and behaves just like actual bacon: it cooks exactly like bacon, so it can be served either soft or crispy. I had already tried the vegan bacon in a "bacon butty" with brown sauce, and that was delicious too -- but this was my first attempt at making my own all-day breakfast with vegan bacon.

The quality of vegan bacon has improved SO MUCH since companies like Quorn first introduced their earlier versions of the product at the supermarkets. The vegan bacon that I had today is the Plant Pioneers Smoky Vacon, from Sainsbury's. Quorn produces some great quality food though.

I remember loving bacon and eggs for breakfast, before I became a semi-vegetarian. I also remember loving vegetarian all-day breakfasts at a local cafe, with a friend (before I started cutting down on food involving eggs, when I began aiming to go fully vegan eventually).

One of the things that I have been focusing my magic on for quite a while is improving the quality of vegan meat substitutes at the supermarkets, as well as broadening the range and variety of vegan meat substitutes (and vegan/vegetarian food in general). I want vegans and vegetarians to be easily able to enjoy all the same meals and types of food that they remember enjoying before they became vegans and vegetarians... because I want to enjoy all the same meals and types of food that I remember enjoying before I became vegan/vegetarian. Also: it is good for the world -- good for the environment -- and good for me (since I want to enjoy a preserved world that hasn't all gone to sh*t), if more people become vegans and vegetarians. So making it very easy for people to become vegan/vegetarian without having to miss out on any of the food experiences which they love best is obviously very helpful! :)

I have been using my magic to make sure that there are vegan and vegetarian versions of all the most popular and/or culturally important meat-based meals in Britain. Fish and chips. Sunday roast. Chicken tikka masala. Lemon chicken with egg-fried rice. Pepperoni pizza. That sort of thing!

And now, a fully-vegan traditional British all-day breakfast with all the trimmings is easily doable. At the supermarkets there is excellent quality vegan bacon, alongside vegan baked beans (obviously!), vegan "bangers", vegan potato cakes, vegan brown sauce, vegan tomato ketchup, vegan butter (for the toast) -- and there is even vegan egg mix for making vegan scrambled eggs!

I got some of the vegan egg mix from Holland and Barrett, and I intend to make some scrambled eggs with it as soon as I get myself a set of weighing scales and a whisk for my kitchen. The mix is of the just-add-water sort, with the same product being used to make omelettes as well!

I am very, very happy with the amount and quality of vegan and vegetarian food at the British supermakets (as well as at the smaller and independent food stores). I call it the vegan and vegetarian food revolution -- and this is one of the main things that I, Reign the superheroine, have been focusing on magically creating with my mind, recently.

I know that it sounds a bit like the victory stele of some Mesopotamian ruler, but I feel like I ought to be singing my own praises to make sure that people know what I, Reign, am actually like. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
This happened Monday. Sunday I had planned to cycle to another town which is 13 miles away just to get out and do something different. Monday I woke up and got a bit uncertain and unmotivated "I will get lost, it's a bit cold, it gets dark early, I shall do it in the summer", then I just felt low and that my mood is just not getting better. So I ate lots of chocolate porridge and just felt lets just do this, just to see if I can. When I arrived I just was like why was I so worried that I was gonna get lost lol. I

1381 - 1386 of 1386 Posts