Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts

·
bipolar
17,184 Posts
Had quite a good day for a change - got a car and picked up a few things at the library. I think the drive and change of scenery brightened my mood a bit. This mini-lockdown is screwing with my head. Had a nice chat to the people in the pharmacy and got a few groceries.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Pleased that I kept the promise to myself and got up real early, so no one else was around, and went swimming in the sea. It was cold but once in it was okay. I cannot remember the last time I went in the sea. Stayed very close to the shore as I'm a baaaad swimmer; I should have brought those little orange arm bands just incase haha

·
SUS Member
10,821 Posts
The cashier at the grocery store told me she liked my nail polish today. She told me she keeps meaning to get her nails done and I said, "Yeah, I'm pretty bad at painting them." And she said, "You paint your own nails?" like it was the most amazing thing she'd ever heard, haha. I think she was like 16 or something.

·
Registered
706 Posts
This happened last week. I made a request and the guy said if no one had gotten back to me to phone up again about it. So Friday I phoned up and they said they aren't going to mop the floors with bleach until I have left. Bleach causes me to have headaches, plus it's not pleasant sitting in a room that has just been bleached. So I can still go to there. It was really nice to be heard; I thought I might have had to stop going there.

·
Super Moderator
8,422 Posts
They made a fresh badge of donuts just as I walked in. Very rarely that happens. Usually by the time I get there when I do go, it's usually a few hours old and stale.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So I went on a walk in the park with a group of people and it went... Okay?

I was really nervous. I spent most of the walk talking anxiously to one of the group organisers. Then we went down the pub, which was pretty grim as I was sober and couldn't think of anything to say. But everybody was talking to each other anyway so I just had to nod and say "yeah! Me too!" a few times. Most of them are young and successful and the older chap there has all sorts of success stories in life. I can't really think of much I could say to them that would be impressive or interesting. But I stuck it out anyway.

Couple of major SA moments:

One chap asked if I was born in East Anglia. I said yes, then I asked him: "how about you?" when he had a really strong West Midlands accent. Oops.

I couldn't think of what my favourite movie is when they asked me. Sadly I can't do movies due to my attention span. I fidget too much and can't sit still. So I must have looked so out of touch and just plain weird. They even told me "make sure next time you know what your favourite movie is!"

Oh and I have forgotten all their names!. My brain just can't hold onto information like that when I'm anxious. So I don't know what I'm going to call them next time! If I do go again.

But anyway I did it, I turned up and managed 3 hours so I'd say that was a success.

·
Half agony, half hope.
2,786 Posts
I was super anxious about going to this mental health evaluation. Primarily b/c the last first appointment I had with a psychiatrist was before I was hospitalized as a teen so there's just some negative memories surrounding that and this anxiety of being hospitalized again. It was a traumatic experience. I know anxiety is a natural emotion, but this seemed like one of the moments where even though maybe I did have a reason to be anxious....the reason I was scared was irrational as I'm not in the same exact mind set, plus if anything that anxiety was all the more reason to go. So I sucked it up and went to my appointment. The nurse I saw was pretty solid. Told me what I already knew (what I was previously diagnosed with) I have major depressive disorder. Which I know isn't positive haha but it's a relief to be getting proper help for it. Starting medication tomorrow and I'll see how it goes from there. One day at a time.

·
Registered
16,150 Posts
I had to reset my pin number with my cellphone company and I thought it was going to be a big project but it was super easy!

·
customusertitle
877 Posts
Lol, I got my first ever comment from a stranger on my very obscure youtube channel (an old video * ) :')
My sketches rarely resonate with anyone and I'm always happy when they do, lol.

Now I feel guilty for appropriating French stuff (French name, French songs, ... etc). I got caught lol. I don't even know how to speak French. :cry: ("je suis contente? content? lol I don't even remember. wasted so many hours studying French at school though, it's so hard to learn)

I'm not even sure if I know anything about "French culture" or whatever. :rolleyes:I just like some aesthetic thing about French as a language. (and maybe some historic stuff about the French revolution / Napoleon, but it's also mostly an aesthetic thing, the way a lot of people like Japanese stuff maybe? but without liking the equivalent of "French anime" lol).
Also, I guess my favorite Disney movie as a child is set up in Paris

^ I hate how there's never a full version of this intro on youtube. It's objectively the best Disney movie intro imo. :cautious:

---

(*) I think the videos are only engaging if I add different drawings to the same song (in the form of a story sort of). It takes WAY more time though (like 2 full days of work). I also think my videos only come up if people are searching for really obscure songs / bands I like. Maybe I should just focus on those. (they should pay me though, lol for promoting their songs : 3 ).

·
Half agony, half hope.
2,786 Posts
I have no idea how I managed to get a 90 on that chem assignment O_O I mean I worked hard, but still wasn't expecting it. Also got my nails done today and I'm really happy with how they turned out. 😊 Wasn't going to go but I'm glad I made the time.

1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts