Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know some over the counter meds that help for nervousness.I hear xanax really work just cant ask the doctor.

I know its really addictive but just use it for going to people
Something to strenghthens nervous system would help to and advise please
I am very nervous around my family and other people

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Oh whoa... interested in trying something experimental?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiolytic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniracetam

There are people reporting that it gives them panic attacks though, rather than relieving anxiety, or "nervousness".

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/47900-aniracetam-side-effects/

Another solution that seems experimental is Inositol, which I haven't tried. It's in alot of energy drinks in small amounts. People who suffer panic attacks which are different than generalized anxiety issues, report therapeutic results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11386498

Because inositol is a natural compound with few known side effects, it is attractive to patients who are ambivalent about taking psychiatric medication. Continuing reports of inositol's efficacy in the treatment of depression, panic disorder, and OCD should stimulate replication studies.
There are people reporting side effects though.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/60327-small-warning-about-inositol/

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would highly recommend not taking Xanax or any benzo. I took it for less than three months and suffer from memory loss and other side effects. It's not worth it. Benzos are sedatives that shut'off certain things in the brain that aren't meant to be shut off. Do yourself a favor and don't even experiment with it. I've been experimenting with natural supplements, meditation, and spirituality. I would like to hear what works for every one else. I'm a firm believer that prescriptions are not the answer.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Phenibut

Greatest supplement of all time, Benzos make me unproductive, where as phenibut makes me super productive.

But such low tolerance :-( God Phenibut is good

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Theanine may be beneficial... been trying the stuff out the last few days. Pretty okay. Very relaxing, low stress, no mental sedation. Might want to be careful with any other drugs that control blood pressure, or sugar glucose levels, and so on. I don't know enough about the stuff yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Phenibut

Greatest supplement of all time, Benzos make me unproductive, where as phenibut makes me super productive.

But such low tolerance :-( God Phenibut is good
Am I the only one who gets wicked stomach cramps from Phenibut? I still have a whole package lying around, because my body just couldn't handle the stuff :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does anyone know some over the counter meds that help for nervousness.I hear xanax really work just cant ask the doctor.

Try drinking chamomile tea, natural calmer. Better than meds.
Louise

·
Registered
104 Posts

Chamomile tea is a great one to calm the nerves and it is natural. Any market sell it.
Louise

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Kava Kava is an all natural anxiety reliever. It's almost similar as shot of baileys irsih cream without any mental distortion or fatigue. All around relaxing, in a very light non-intoxicating way.

There is talk about liver/kindey/??? toxicology regarding the plant, and the boom/craze at the turn of the 90s, where mass rushed production lead to producers using parts of the plants that are toxic, rather than the parts that are traditionally used.

So, that's probably all sorted out, however, yeah, always beware.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
Probably Phenibut depending on how it effects you. People seem to react to it in drastically different ways. From making them feel like they are going insane, to doing nothing at all.

I've also heard that Kratom is pretty effective. I don't think it's worth the price though.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
^ Personally I think l-theanine (Green Tea Extract, Non-Essential Amino Acid) is better... may be worth trying if you have yet to. I never really thought much of phenibut. Then again, my anxiety may be entirely different in nature than others.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
^ Personally I think l-theanine (Green Tea Extract, Non-Essential Amino Acid) is better... may be worth trying if you have yet to. I never really thought much of phenibut. Then again, my anxiety may be entirely different in nature than others.
I used to take L-theanine. It felt like it was working although I'm not entirely sure. I found that it seemed very effective when I coupled it with a benzo. It seemed to intensify the effects of the benzo for some reason.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah, it has some interactions with other stuff.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...gredientId=1053&activeIngredientName=THEANINE

Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs) interacts with THEANINE
Theanine seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking theanine along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.

Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.

Stimulant drugs interacts with THEANINE
Stimulant drugs speed up the nervous system. By speeding up the nervous system stimulant medications can make you feel jittery and speed up your heartbeat. Theanine might work to slow down the nervous system. Taking theanine along with stimulant medications might decrease the effectiveness of stimulant medications.

Some stimulant drugs include diethylpropion (Tenuate), epinephrine, phentermine (Ionamin), pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), and many others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts