Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the triumphs forums or dating forum because the topic goes hand in hand. Anyways...

One of my coworkers is pretty attractive. I have said hi to her a couple of times over this past month even though I was nervous, and she would say hi really fast back to me as we would walk past each other. Tonight, she just happened to come in around the same time as I did while I was talking to one of the guys that I work with. I stopped her and said, "Hey, I've seen you around but I wasn't sure if I knew your name, is it Stephanie(I knew her name)?" She said yes obviously. I then said, "When did you get hired, didn't you come in around the same time as I did around December?" and then she said "Around August". She seemed to look at my coworkers and me as if the conversation was awkward. I then said "Oh dang, you've been here longer than I have lol".

I then told the guy I work with that I would see him later and I followed this girl to the back room where we clock in. I introduced myself and she sort of smiled and said she had heard my name before and thought she had remembered it. This girl was just not very good at conversation. I'm not the best either, but as many lines as I managed to spit out I was a little surprised. This girl intimidates me though for some reason. Most of the girls I work with who are fairly attractive are easy to talk to, she is not. The thing is, she's probably the second most attractive female there. Could she just be a girl playing hard to get like a lot of them do?

By talking to her was a huge step for me though I must say.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Wow! Congrats. Do you really have SA? That was really brave. Make sure to invite her to a coffee or tea next time ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Congrats. Do you really have SA? That was really brave. Make sure to invite her to a coffee or tea next time ;)
Sometimes I question that. I joined this site due to some insecurities in the past but I'm getting over them. I like to hang around here though to hear people's stories and give advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts