Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok if you see my past posts you will have an idea of my issues, i have 2 really annoying sorta hat id call nervous things that i do constantly, and i dont even know why i do them which is the funny thing, but for a hell of a long time now, i will bite my lips and they feel constantly dry, below my bottom lips is pretty red and looks like my lips is bigger than is it because of that, i do use lipbalms but they work for so long but dont seem to stop it, my other issue is constantly fixing my clothes, if i am wearing a shirt i constantly keep tucking into my pants and making it, i dont know seem neater than it is, i dont know why i do it, but i do a lot, to the point where people have even said why do you keep doing that, and orthers have said its a nervous thing.

anyone got any advice?

james

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Picking your lip can be considered a very light sort of self harm. It relieves your anxiety by doing it.

Tucking in your pants- OCD? Not sure.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sounds like OCD to me. I'm not sure what to do about it though, maybe you could see a psych for it. Have you tried using a lipbalm with peppermint oil in it? Burt's Bee's makes one like that and it makes your lips tingle, maybe that would numb them a little and you wouldn't feel like biting them? Anyway, a psych would probably have some better suggestions for OCD type behavior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar issue, I constantly put lip balm on and then continue to lick it off. I find that if you put lip balm on that tastes really disgusting it can stop. You could also try chewing gum if it is an oral fixation. Also there is a cream called penaten cream that i use when it is dry/ chapped; it's meant for babies but if you apply it to your lips it can help heal them.
As for the pants/shirt it is probably OCD. Maybe try wearing sweaters but I don't see this as a serious issue, everyone has there own style.
The people who ask you why you keep chewing your lip and tucking in your shirt are only asking because if they don't also do this action it is automatically weird to them. If you ask me they should get therapy for being so judgmental!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts