Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at work for the dole today when a lady from the employment service provider I'm with came in. I don't really know what her job is but I gather she just checks up on me. One day when I had a panic attack and didn't go to work for the dole, I was too freaked out to even ring but then someone from the employment place rang me (it might've been her actually) and I told them I had anxiety and that seemed to make me skipping the day okay. Then next day when I went back to work, the lady swung by and was treating me like I was really fragile. Just the way she was looking at me and asking if I was okay. She was nice and all but she did it in front of everyone working there and they were probably all wondering what the hell was wrong with me for her to come in specifically to see how I was. :blank lol.

Anyway, she came back in today and was asking if I was okay and all this stuff. I'm kind of confused at this point. She knows about my anxiety but I'm not sure if she told the guy I'm working for or not. He treats me kind of weirdly too though so I think maybe she did (plus she was going into see him so they obviously discuss me). I hate how awkward I am. No one seems comfortable around me.

I kinda wish I'd said it was social anxiety now, cause I only said 'anxiety' when she rang me and I'm noticing that unless you tell people, they don't seem to get it. Then again, I guess social anxiety is pretty unheard of, right? I didn't even know it's proper name until awhile ago.

I was working behind the till when the lady asked if everything was going all right and if there was anything they needed to know. I said no, though maybe there is. I've just been feeling so anxious lately, it's horrible. Then she made small talk and said it was good I was getting experience serving people because you have to deal with people with in every job (her words). I was just kind of thinking.. wtf? Now she's got me thinking it's impossible to find a job where I very rarely have to interact with people. :|

Gah. The awkwardness of that woman looking at me like all concerned. I guess she cares at least, but still. I wonder if she-- and those I work for-- would understand if I were to say what my problem is.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If she told your boss, then your boss will be more understanding of you in case you start acting scared or something like that.
I guess it will reduce your chances of getting fired for improper behaviour if you accidentally act "weird".

Hope your boss is a kind man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts