Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel really proud of myself. I'm studying abroad and went to Brussels last weekend by myself. I stayed in a hostel with five strangers and walked around the city by myself. The metro was really easy because it has only four lines, which is nothing in comparison to the Paris metro. The only time I was really anxious was when I was first boarding the train to get there because I was near the trains that were the grandes lignes and not the regional trains. I'll upload some pics later. :yes I'm still an extremely shy loner.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
That's cool, solasum :) This reminds me a bit of my solo trip to Salzburg. Did you talk to your dorm mates? Mine were quite friendly and talking to them was surprisingly easy.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, my dorm mates were nice. Three Americans and two Australians. I talked for a short while with one of them because she asked me about my trip, but other than that, we all mostly kept to ourselves.

I went to see a movie in this ornate theatre there, and it was neat how there were subtitles in both French and Flemish.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts