Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its like when a sales person tries to sell you something. Thats how alot of people act in society. They wont leave you alone, and they are all in your personal space, being assertive but what seems like aggression.

I hate it.

Why cant people chill out, and be nice to others.

Its like i'm seen as being weak, only because i have decent beliefs and values.

(for example: i dont think its right to sleep around with as many women as possible, and then use that as an ego boost, parade around and make others feel like crap)

Anyone else feel this kind of pressure/intimidation?

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
I don't mind the yelling and hollering that people do nowadays, its when its fake that I mind. And its fake about 99% of the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think its really 'too in your face' its just that sales people thrive most when they are talking to a person with low self-esteem (they can scam you that way).

Don't believe all the pressure to fit in, I can tell you one thing alot of people exaggerate about the most nonsence crap. If you here someone talking about how he slept with 10 different women in 1 night...i can guarentee thats not true.

You should not feel as though you a less of a person because of anything and it is important to be yourself.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think its really 'too in your face' its just that sales people thrive most when they are talking to a person with low self-esteem (they can scam you that way).

Don't believe all the pressure to fit in, I can tell you one thing alot of people exaggerate about the most nonsence crap. If you here someone talking about how he slept with 10 different women in 1 night...i can guarentee thats not true.

You should not feel as though you a less of a person because of anything and it is important to be yourself.
Thats what i try to think. But its annoying when almost every guy my age thinks i'm stupid for not being able to do what they do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Salespeople have to be 'in your face'.
It's the first thing their taught "Always assume the sale" and to be aggressive, especially if you seem weak or non-assertive.
As for the sleeping around thing, for men it seems it's a badge of honour and for women, it's something they do but don't want to be seem as "****s".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts