Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am in 11th grade, i dont really have SA but i'm kinda shy, i'm on here because i can relate to you lonely people...i mean some of you might have friends and lovers but a lot don't.....i feel like i became socially inept in 6th grade, i had plenty of friends as a kid but in the middle of 6th grade my friends and i drifted apart into different social groups...except ...i didnt make new friends...i don't know what happened. well i feel like in 7th-9th grade i was very socially awkward and in 10th i think i became a little less awkward, i made a few friends but they didn't last long....they said i was too quiet and "antisocial" (in the colloquial sense, not the clinical sense, meaning i dont like people) and i didnt know that...i feel less awkward now and i just try to talk more so i don't seem too quiet and i'm trying to become a more interesting conversationalist...but obviously i am doing something wrong, i *think* i come off as a normal person but i haven't made any friends...it seems like everyone is in their little cliques already and my reputation is damaged from so many years of being "antisocial" that i can't really get into a little group... i have one friend who i kinda blew off a lot because i dont like him but maybe i should just hang out with him (he wanted to hang out with me, he asked like a million times and i was always 'busy") and meet his friends to make my way into some sort of social circle and expand my social contacts

i feel like i must be socially inept without realizing it......or maybe i just need more practice learning to talk to people and socialize normally..... or is it just that everyone has their cliques already and im hopeless??? thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts