Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so whenever I'm out shopping or whatever and I "meet" some girl, I almost always have the sensation that she dislikes me and it puts me off and discourages me to talk to them. It's hard to explain, but basically when I see them, it's like every molecule in my body is screaming that that person dislikes me. (and I don't mean just "not like", as in "doesn't think anything of me", but actually thinks negatively of me somehow.) Needless to say it's extremely aggravating when I want to speak to a girl I'm interested in, and even on day-to-day basis, having to deal with this thought that pretty much everybody hates me is fatiguing for the mind.

Now, I've tried telling myself that it's only in my mind and that those people actually don't think a f***ing thing about me, but in the moment it's such a strong sensation, I can't help but NOT ignore it.

Anyone else has had this sort of feeling? How do you deal with it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is right up my alley!! I almost always have an overwhelming sense that people are talking about me when I'm just out of ear shot. If there are people deep in conversation I can convince myself, without a doub,t that they are talking bad about me. They are judging me and don't like me. This has only become exponentially worse now that I live in a foreign country where I work with a TON of people who have full on conversations in another language when I'm right there, not acknowledging me once.

Paranoia is so tiresome!! I'm sure what we're thinking is not usually true for either of us but "better judgement" seems to be outweighed by uncontrollable thoughts.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts