Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another one of my metro stories. Another day, another ride back home, extra crowded. As always I just zoning out, listening to music, drowning out all the sounds around me. As the metro got further along the route and space frees up, I start to move and this guy who was taking to this woman puts up his arm between her and I, like if I was gonna say something to her. Normally I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought, but it happens again as the train was stopping and I was heading towards the door, a 2nd guy does it with a girl he's talking with. This time, I gave him a bizarre look like what's your problem? I don't understand what I did for two different dudes to make the same kind of gesture and what does this gesture mean?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm having a hard time picturing exactly what happened... did the guy think you were going to bump into the girl maybe? were you trying to walk in front of them as they spoke to each other?

·
Registered
96 Posts
It means he's going to backhand her across the room and teach her some manners...

lol

I have no idea what you're talking about with the arm up thing, but my imagination entertained me regardless...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ugh I hate riding on the metro. I think you’re maybe looking too much into it. It’s strange that it happened twice like that but maybe it’s a coincidence? I’ve seen a lot of guys do this with their girls on the metro. I don’t think was meant to be a hostel move. Maybe it could have been insecurity on their part? Like marking their territory lol? Not sure.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
Could be a territory thing or maybe he saw something that he didn't like about you. Who knows really.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm having a hard time picturing exactly what happened... did the guy think you were going to bump into the girl maybe? were you trying to walk in front of them as they spoke to each other?
It was like I moved away and it was only when I looked in their direction was when he did it. Same with the other guy. I just moved closer to get out and that's when he did it. That's why I'm trying to understand why didn't they just do this before, why does this have to occur when I'm nearby.

LoL sunshine, you crack me up, but I was absolutely no threat. I had my phones on, I had a fever, in absolutely no position to be one! Besides, it seemed the girls were into them to begin with.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
A crowded subway train is an artificial and worrying environment for most "normal" people because it's impossible to respect personal space as you normally would, and this makes people worried, tense, and protective. I wouldn't take it personally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts