Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Quartzfiend
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here. Joined (for now) just to ask this. After I go on a date or spend a great time with someone of the opposite sex, I always end up depressed after even though I was very happy before. It's similar to a hangover. I just crave more of what I had and I feel lonely for not having it. Is this normal among SA people? Normal for other people as well? How do I deal with this? It seems very irrational, or perhaps a chemical depletion of endorphins. Thanks. EA_

·
Banned
84 Posts
I do know what you mean and it happens to me too sometimes (if it goes well, otherwise I'm just glad to get away). I'm not sure if this happens to many people, but I can at least tell you you're not alone.

Never thought of it as a hangover, but that actually is a really good way to describe what happens to me sometimes.

·
Anthropophobia
290 Posts
I think I experience this because I sometimes get what I think is called separation anxiety. For me separation anxiety means I feel anxiety when I leave from hanging out with someone. I miss them for a short while. And I think the main thing is also the act of going from one state to another, going from being by myself to hanging out with someone and adjusting to being around them and feeling comfortable eventually, and then going back to being by myself. I'm easily overwhelmed by outside stimuli so that probably explains why the change in social settings feels too... dizzy for me.

·
with diamonds.
124 Posts
I go hang out with the one friend I have.
Become overstimulated (just from being there).
And slide into a panic attack-

run away.
and ask when we'll hang out again.

(repeatedly)

·
Quartzfiend
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know I'm not alone in this. Separation anxiety is a good way to describe it, as dreamingfear pointed out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts