Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger working low jobs like fast food, people would question my lack of social skills and always ask why I didnt talk. (which I hate)

Now I work in a professional business setting and my SA is the same I think, but people dont question it anymore.

I feel like the more I move up the ladder and get better jobs in life, the more people dont care about if im social or not and becomes less of an issue.

Anyone else feeling this way?

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I'm in tech. Other than interaction during meetings - work focused - there are cliques, but they can be civil. I actually prefer a working lunch so I can get out earlier :lol.

I interact with management frequently and am a pretty nice guy to work with :yes.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Perhaps it depends on who you're working with as much as the kind of work you're doing.

I don't mind interacting with coworkers at meetings, but detest social sessions at work. Some coworkers are nice, but a few are not. Mingling with the "nots" isn't something I'm keen on. I agree about working lunches!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow well... if what you're saying is true, I can't wait to move up the ladder. Lol.

I "don't talk" at my current work now (fast-food). It doesn't really bug me anymore if people say that. But, it definitely bugs me knowing the fact that since I have no connections and people don't particularly love working with me, I dont get all that many hours.

But i would definitely see how particular higher ended jobs seem to respect a more introverted nature. I hope to get a job either... doing what I dreamed to do when I was young, an artist of some sort. Or office work. Either job I think would be more content with my personality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts