Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I thought it would be a good idea to get a ventrilo server for us who suffer from social anxiety (Hoping it will make us less worried about talking to people on the phone, good practice for real speaking etc), ventrilo is a voice communication program, so you'll need a microphone to use it effeciently, my friend has a 10 slot server that is running out, however if this idea becomes popular he'll be upgrading to a 25 slot server for at least 3 months, There's about 1-3 admins on it usually (Including me), so you shouldn't get any trouble on there, and they're nice people but a bit sarcastic, which shouldn't be a problem, if you DO have a problem and one of us isn't there, or one of us are the problem, make sure to message me.

Hostname/IP: 72.26.196.21
Port: 8080

Instructions how to set up ventrilo:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fantastic idea. This could be the next step for people who are ready to start actually talking.

I fully support this thread and am blown away that the idea was brought to light. I'm an avid ventrilo user since I play Everquest in my downtime.

Well done.

-Adie

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've only had one person in the ventrilo from this forum, I'd like people to know that there's really nothing to worry about in the vent, and it's hardly ever empty since the people in there normally don't do much during the night.

·
Channel 13 Said Im A Punk
513 Posts
I love this idea. Great way for instant moral support and online bonding. We gotta stick together cause this ain't an easy road. There's no way I can do this though. I have to use a library computer because my home one is slow. Last time I did voice chat at the library a lady complained on me and said I caused her to mess up on her online crossword. The bad part is she wasn't even doing crosswords; she was looking at peoples pictures on Facebook. She probably didn't like the people she was looking at (maybe one of them stole her man) and decided to take it out on me. Now I'm stuck without ventrilo. The guy who made fAcebook should warn people that that knife cuts both ways (and cuts innocent people too).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts