Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had social anxiety and shyness all my life. When I started school, I threw up every morning in the class room sink, in front of every one. Did that for approximately 2 months. The thing that bothered me the most through school and adulthood was every teacher or person would say speak up, sadly I could not. Even now people have a hard time hearing me. The only thing that helps is drinking, also sad to admit. I am a 55 year old women.

·
serious
340 Posts
Throwing up heaps, and drinking alcohol, are both probably not very good for your voice strength.
I'm very softly spoken. In my ears I sound loud, but other people are always asking me to speak up. Over the years I found you get less social notice by speaking louder, than you do speaking softly. So I try to speak up just to avoid everyone asking me to repeat myself.

·
Cheap, fast, good-pick 2
174 Posts
I can sympathize with you... when they ask you to speak up or talk louder it makes it even worse. Throwing up every morning in front of others sounds terrible, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Have you discussed your problem with a doctor cj zillmer? The attitude towards SA is certainly different than many years ago. I'm sure that there is a medication better than alcohol that can help you.

By the way, welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Aww that must've been just horrible throwing up in front of everyone. I am truly sorry you had to go through that. Drinking for me helps my SA as well (few glasses of wine even)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts