Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is Angie. I am 24 and currently reside in las vegas. Anyway, I think I have social anxiety.. Now that I know there is a name for it.. I feel so relieved. My symptoms: if anyone comes to talk to me, I try to avoid the situation.. When encountered with social situations, I blush, I shake, tremble, I sweat profusely.. I find it very difficult to make eye contact.. I stutter and fumble my words.. I am in desperate need of help! I have been going through this since my 'teens. I have not been able to keep any job for longer than 2 weeks... I have walked off jobs.. And now I am so terrified of even looking for work (afraid that I will be judged, afraid they will judge my outer appearances, afraid of looking and sounding STUPID,etc.) To the point that I avoid it altogether. I need some advice. I am desperate. Its like I am living in my own prison. I would so appreciate some advice. Thank you. P.s. I have a family history of substance abuse and I had a substance abuse problem myself. I lost my beloved father who was only 52 to a combined morphine and methadone overdose. Opiates (hydrocodone) make it so much easier for me to be sociable and overall happy. But I can't keep taking lortabs! I know about the addiction, etc. My doctor has put me on paxil 20 mg and xanax 1 mg twice daily. The xanax works extremely well.. If I take 4 a day. The paxil I have heard has some major side effects. Don't mean to ramble.. I just have so much to say. I do not want to rely on meds.. I want to beat this!! I need to!! Thank you so much for listening.. I mean, reading. Heh. _angie_

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Angie welcome. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Angie, welcome again. Do you remember how it felt when you didn't have SA/were more happy? Maybe concentrating on those feelings would help. Are you taking therapy?

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Angie831! :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Angie,
I understand the personal prison but don't have any answers on the meds or otherwise. Your not alone though & :wel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts