Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have recently been diagnosed with social anxiety. This was caused by bullying during my elementary and junior high school years, which was aggravated by my mild aspergers.
I also found out that it runs in the family, apparently my father had problems with it in his youth.

I got help for this condition, and got some tools for trying to cope with it. You know, breathing techniques, setting yourself aside the situation and analysing it, that sort of stuff.

But recently, it's been starting to fall apart again. I got hit with a spike of depression, you could say. I'm currently studying at the University of Bergen (Norway). The last two weeks I haven't gone to any lectures, and I'm worried about what the people I've made tentative friendships with will think if I show up now. I worry constantly about the looks they'd give me and wonder if they talk about me when I'm not there, and if they do, if it's to make fun of me.

I'm still trying to finish reports and such, but it's hard doing even that when you're in an evil circle of depression caused by social anxiety.

I am honestly almost scared to death by even the thought of mentioning this to anyone outside the 'net.

I just want this feeling to go away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
we all want this feelings to go away but we cant its a part of us that we need to ignore and control it like a beast

you need to find a hobby that will destruct you from the thought and go out

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi, Im samuel, nice to meet you. If i will you i will be scared to go back to school too because my most worry will be how my classmate "think" of me, how am i going to ans them? most likely they will be asking me, where i have been for pass 2weeks or what happen to me, or so, and those Negative thought will come in to my mind> Negative thinking like >do he mean am i sick? do he mean is something wrong with me? or so...

but why not i view or "think" it in other way?

·
Registered
149 Posts
let say if i input "positive" thinking now

they asked me
where i have been for pass 2weeks or what happen to me, or so > if those positive thought will come in to my mind> positive thinking like >they care for me even after 2week we never contact, only those that are real friend, will worry for me.

If you think of this view,maybe some hot chick random chat with you, and who know as you chat with her, you make start a new friendship ? think only positive

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Weero welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Weero! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.