Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i thought i'd come and introduce myself :) and this seems to be the perfect place! i have sa and also avoidant personality disorder. basically i cant go out for fear of being ridiculed.

i do go out tho, and i do get ridiculed and its hell, but i have a 7 year old so i go through it for him.

im not on any meds. for one i am too scared to go to the doctors and also i dont think any amount of meds is going to make other people stop saying bad stuff about me. i dont wanna be dependant. i get by though, with little help from my husband.

i have made some very good friends in a sa chat room on irc, and thats helped me immensely, just to know there are other people out there, going through the same thing as me.

i came across this forum via the leibowitz (is that it) test on this site. i scored 123. apparently i have severe social phobia. nice huh!

i could list my likes and dislikes, and what sort of person i am, but i think maybe its nicer to find those things out about me as time goes on :))

happy wednesday to you all :)

lou x

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey LOooouise, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
social anxiety dampens my crazy eccentric side
Welcome, and this is part of the reason why I rarely leave the house anymore. I've always preferred being eccentric and when I'm around other people who aren't, I always feel pressure to conform.

I think that's honorable how you are making that sacrifice for your child.

"No greater love..." :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, LOooouise! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts