Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is it. Some of you may know who I am, some may not. Some may have noticed I haven't posted consistently in the past few years. A lot of things have happened, I was hospitalized twice for very severe depression, did quite a bit of therapy (still doing it now). Worked for a while, had time to think, to step away from the forum. I've been thinking about what my therapist said, about my personality and coming to SAS.

It's been helpful and I've learned a lot here, but I would spend too much time here, and it would hinder me as I would just spend time mulling over what I read or posted instead of working on myself to make progress. This is why I have decided to request a permanent ban from the forums.

I've met a lot of cool people on here, and I'm glad I did. There were some great experiences, and some not so great, but they both taught me things about myself, my SA, other people, and and how I relate to others. I really appreciate all of them.

I do hope to come back, in a different light, in helping others to overcome SA. I did a lot of personal sharing, and I guess it shows in the number of posts I have. I want to be able to inspire people, just as they have inspired me here.

Good luck to everyone in beating this annoying thing called SA and thanks, for everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I never met you, and only bounce on these forums on rare occasion, but you sound like a great lad. I wish you luck in your future endeavors, and hope you maintain your down-to-earthism. Take care from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
good luck bro.

But I think your main problem is spending too much time on the computer/indoors, which has nothing to do with sas. Stop spending so much time in your room or on the computer, fix the source of the problem.

·
electric
6,777 Posts
Sometimes, whether it helps or not in itself ... it's just good to do something drastic!! Keeps you feeling alive and serves as a reminder that you powerfully influence the course of your life.

That's nice and after that come back k? :-D Good luck!

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand."

·
Cynical Idealist
1,339 Posts
Good luck buddy! Don't let the depression keep you down - we'll be rooting for you!

·
Weeeeeeeeee!~
331 Posts
Awwww <3.
I guess this is where we part, my friend. Even though I don't know you, I really wish you the best of luck!

Rain rain, go away!
Let the sunshine have its stay!
March onward towards the sky!
And flutter forth, free to fly!
Ho ho ho, hooray!

·
SUPER EFFECTIVE!
830 Posts
Best of luck to you! I hope that you return soon to help others with their SA!

p.s. Did anyone else think this was a suicide thread at first? :um

1 - 11 of 11 Posts