Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Special Air Service
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait, I should have ordered it on GAME.co.uk and would have got it tomorrow but I decided to get it £5 cheaper.

Some of my friends work in places where they can get it early :( I am so jelly!

Apparently the campaign length is about 10 hours+ which is what I will be mostly buying it for, but also the new horde mode looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
This is one of very few games I will pay full price for when it comes out.

Can't wait! Gears of War and Fable are the only series I really care about. I don't feel like anything else I've played has come close to how fun both of these series are. Stoked that the campaign is a bit longer than the last couple - I think I beat both of those in about 9 hours.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was a big Gears 1 fan and nearly got the 10k online kill achievement, and then i got Gears 2 and the online didn't seem the same at all so i quit playing it shortly after it came out.

I'm not sure if i'll give Gears 3 a chance, if the multiplayer resembles Gears 1 rather than 2 then i might buy it. Anyone else feel Gears 1 multiplayer was much better than 2?

559 Posts
Saw the commercial! It looks exciting! I'm too broke to buy more v-games right now though, and I'm still not finished playing Gears of War 2 technically. LOL.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I got bored of the wall hugging/poking out about halfway into the second game. Not really interested in this.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
I went to preorder the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection tonight, and there were a few guys waiting outside the store in lawn chairs for the midnight launch. And this was at 8 PM. Man, I wish I could get into shooters the way most gamers can.

·
Special Air Service
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So. Who stayed up to get the game at midnight then went home to play right away?!

I want feedback - trying to decide whether or not I should buy the game now because it's that good or if I should wait until it's a bit cheaper because it's just ok. Either way I'm getting it (my OCD wont allow me to play the first 2 and not complete this one lol).
I didn't stay up for it but I probably would have enjoyed doing so. I got it this morning and have played it for a couple of hours.

It started off OK but now it's getting really fun, it seems more story driven. I guess this is because they have the writer who wrote the books doing the story.

The action is just as fun as the other two and there's some cool new weapons.

Also I think multi player is going to be really good this time, a bit more polished than 2 was.

I'd say rent it though if not sure :) that way you get to play the campaign at least.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
*raises hand for midnight pickup*

but i did not play after i got home - i had to come to work this morning, so i went to bed last night.

i did play for an hour before leaving for work, and since i never played the first 2 games, i think i am missing most of the story, but before you start the story they have a "Previously, on Gears of War" cinematic to watch to fill you in.

i think it is fun, since BF3 and MW3 aren't out yet, so this game will definitely kill some time until then. i may never touch the PvP portion of the multiplayer, but the co-op modes for MP look very promising. @ $60 it is quite a bit for a game in my opinion, just to finish the storyline to the end, not touching the MP at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts