Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
On me "toes"
1,486 Posts
Going to accept people as they are, practice forgiveness, remember we are all human, and not take anything personally--no glances, stares, words, actions, etc.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am going to get therapy and meds starting this week.
I am going to give presentations.
I am going to contribute to class discussions.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Never give up in life...no matter how hard it gets.

·
Hmm.
459 Posts
Pathetic really. Wait until college and hope it's easier to re-define myself socially.
Other than that, work on my character flaws a bit and get better at listening to people. JSCLOPS. I have an acronym. Yeah.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Is it normal if I say I have absolutely no idea? It's like someone forgot to teach me how to decide.

Seems empty... meaningless... fruitless, you name it. Life that is.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Life will sort itself out, one way or another. Live life and be as happy as possible!

And to keep it fresh I'm gonna travel often, lol...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hope I get into a good college, attend medical school, and become a great pathologist. I believe I'm capable of many things and my anxiety has not stopped me. I'm competent in making speeches and actually love challenging myself from fear. Other than that, I'm ready to make my mark.

Not even sure if that third sentence is a sentence. Sounds like a fragment. I need my sleep, lol.

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The time is now guys! Don't waste another minute of your life not knowing or going through the same ol regular daily living tasks. Make a plan, a goal. A concrete goal. It IS achieveable! "I don't know" isn't a good enough answer. Really think about what you want and the steps to achieve it! Everybody on this site deserves everything they want. So go after it already. Do it. Make a PLAN! You are worth it.

What was my plan?

I decided my life sucked, number 1.
Number 2, I kicked my *** hard and got on meds.
And then WHOA I started meeting people online and then in real life.
Holy crap, friends?! Me?

I like what Syndacus said, Never give up on life, no matter how hard it gets.

Every single person on this site is completely awesome and never forget it for a second.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I'm just passing time till death.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I decided my life sucked, number 1.
Number 2, I kicked my *** hard and got on meds.
And then WHOA I started meeting people online and then in real life.
Holy crap, friends?! Me?
Congrats on the improvement! That's awesome!

I firmly believe that people with SA can live "normal" lives.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Okay guys. Serious thread here. We all talk about what we want out of life all the time! So I ask my fellow SASers, what is your plan? What are you going to do to achieve your goals?
Just kill all those who oppose you. It's as simple as that.

Wait an hour, you said "Serious thread here." Well, I suppose my advice still stands.

Maybe?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
My plan is pretty much to just be frugal, teach myself valuable DIY skills, hoard as much money as possible, and eventually drop-out for good. A super-early retirement, where I can just do things I find meaningful all day... living semi-self sufficient/off-grid etc. I'll definitely continue to work on health problems holding me back, as I do want some like-minded people in my life.

I don't care about careers, families and all that sort of stuff (I mean if I naturally fall into them, that's cool - but they're not a 'goal', and I'm getting pretty old). I just want to spend most of my time studying/researching human origins/meaning of life/truths of our solar system and the universe... all that sort of stuff. Essentially who we are, what this is all about etc. Not really interested in a "normal" life, not thinking about my world.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I never finished school and was planning to go back to finish it, but then I found out people out of school for two years between the ages of 18-21 can apply for something called 'Back to Education Allowance'. Well, I have to look out for my own interests, no-one else will!

The obvious downside is I'm wasting a year of my life, I'm at home in my parent's house writing these messages and probably will be until next September. 95% of my human communication is with my parents, it's depressing, really depressing. To quote Anne Frank: "I wander from room to room, climb up and down the stairs and feel like a songbird whose wings have been ripped off and who keeps hurling itself against the bars of its dark cage."

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
To quote Anne Frank: "I wander from room to room, climb up and down the stairs and feel like a songbird whose wings have been ripped off and who keeps hurling itself against the bars of its dark cage."
****, that's a horrible quote... and even worse knowing her eventual fate.

·
Registered
425 Posts
****, that's a horrible quote... and even worse knowing her eventual fate.
I'm aware my situation isn't a patch on her's, not insane or owt!

I've been reading the book lately and it was just the first analogy that came to mind. Thought of comparing myself to Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as well lol.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts