Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here. I joined really to make friends (If thats possible.) I've had Social anxiety and agoraphobia since my early teens. I had two close during school but I managed to ditch them and since then I've been totally friendless and just feel so alone. I'm 24 this year and only ever had one boyfriend who I dumped because I found it difficult to be around him and talk to him. I just feel like such a pathetic loser. :roll

I'm hoping I can find people here who understand how I feel and realise that I can't just "snap out of it" lol. I'll shut up now, I just wanted to say hi before I start posting on other threads.:)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Karina, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
115 Posts
Hello karina. Welcome to SAS!!!!

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I have been friendless for most of my life and I have never had a GF. Fortunately I now have real life friends and this has improved my life so much.

I am diagnosed with SA, Agoraphobia, Panic Disorder, and OCPD. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. It took me 13 years to figure out that I could "get over it" on my own.

I would very much like to be your friend. It seems we have much in common. We are both 23 and we seem to have the same type of struggles in life. Who knows, someday we may even be more then friends!! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
:wel Hopefully you won't feel as lonely here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
its good to be around, sometimes, people who are in the same boat i thought... i may be wrong... all of us fall out here, and have positive times, but we are all fragile, thats why were here.

i hope you find what your looking for! :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Karina! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
welcome karina, hope you meet lots of friends on here. in my short time here, people are very understanding

·
Registered
40 Posts
wow, im new here, i dont have any friends, my g/f just dumped me, and im pathetic too...we have a lot in common lol. sounds like we were made for each other lol. welcome and theres plenty of ppl here who understand what youre going through. dont be a stranger.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey karina.

I'm a little the same with the friends thing, in a way slowly losing friends but I think my goal is to stablise SA so I can be relaxed, friends can come after.

not like there that hard to come by if your confident and a nice person.

·
Banned
648 Posts
hi karina
im new here too. that sounds so similar to myexperience with SA
i think social anxiety goes hand in hand with agoraphobia sometimes, one can lead to the other. oh you look pretty btw sry

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey..

hey im new here too..i really understand what youre going through...im pretty much friendless too. everytime i meet someone, its like i just cant keep them around because its so hard for me to communicate wit them. i get really lonely and depressed and feel like im just gonna go through the rest of my life being alone..so your not alone with how you feel..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts