Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes there is this guy in one of my classes. I will not say his name nor mention the subject because WHAT IF someone in this class is also a member.

I suppose I am interested in him, he is incredibly intelligent, knowledgable, polite, rational, confident yet humble and witty. He isn't just the person who is "really smart" just because they get straight A's he actually knows, learns and understands things. He can also admit it when he is wrong and that is just GREAT.

I would like to ask him out one time but, I would get way too nervous, mostly because I fear he will not want to, then I am going to feel like an idiot. And because I am just a very awkward person. I also think he will think it is weird that a girl asks him out considering when I invited my ex-bf to go out and eat saying that I'll pay, he just thought it was weird he said "How am I going to look having a girl take me out?"

Anyways I was wondering what you guys think. Do you guys think that it is weird for a girl to ask out a guy? Do you guys think that I should just ask him out and see what happens? I mean first I want to get to know him better, but I do want to get to know him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's not a weird at all that a girls asks a boy out, there's nothing wrong with that. You should talk to him and see what happens.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe I should give it a try.

Most likely I will not. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with asking a guy to go hang out. But I personally think that he should at least offer to pay.
Did you ask him out already? :p

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Yes there is this guy in one of my classes. I will not say his name nor mention the subject because WHAT IF someone in this class is also a member.

I suppose I am interested in him, he is incredibly intelligent, knowledgable, polite, rational, confident yet humble and witty. He isn't just the person who is "really smart" just because they get straight A's he actually knows, learns and understands things. He can also admit it when he is wrong and that is just GREAT.

I would like to ask him out one time but, I would get way too nervous, mostly because I fear he will not want to, then I am going to feel like an idiot. And because I am just a very awkward person. I also think he will think it is weird that a girl asks him out considering when I invited my ex-bf to go out and eat saying that I'll pay, he just thought it was weird he said "How am I going to look having a girl take me out?"
orly?

Anyways I was wondering what you guys think.
nm..
Do you guys think that it is weird for a girl to ask out a guy?
no
Do you guys think that I should just ask him out and see what happens?
do what your heart tells you to do.

I mean first I want to get to know him better, but I do want to get to know him.
wut..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts